*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Oh shoot, I forgot about that. Will do soon!
    Let me know if you need a suggestion !
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Garp is apparently not punting anything and also looking strong. Plus KS says Johnny will kill us all. DMT with Wally Big. hmmm...this could be a photo finish. Since I havent done any projections I could be really wrong, but it sure looks like it will be a great race
      I found this loophole since we're doing decades I don't have to pick any MIs, wooohooo!
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        I found this loophole since we're doing decades I don't have to pick any MIs, wooohooo!
        Have you been coordinating with mjl ?
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Any baseball or gigs in late April (nothing on calendar that i saw). That is when i might be visiting colleges in the bay area. I'm a junior this year and really trying to find a good school. Ok, my daughter is a junior. She would also enjoy a concert if they are in venues for under 21
          No gigs scheduled but she adds things pretty frequently. I'll keep you posted. Baseball schedule is at http://bavbb.com/schedule, we have a game Sun Apr 14 or 28 in Golden Gate Park if that works for you.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Guess I should have known you were taking Sheckard. I was hoping he'd make it back to me for 1903, where he was better in a vacuum (although in 1911 he's better relative to the other options that decade).

Odd that he wasnt picked in VD10. I guess his OBP is a significant factor in his value.

But anyway.... just wanted to say, JERK!
            I also noticed he wasn't taken in VD10 so I was tempted to try to slip him thru another round.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Have you been coordinating with mjl ?
              Maybe, why?
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                No gigs scheduled but she adds things pretty frequently. I'll keep you posted. Baseball schedule is at http://bavbb.com/schedule, we have a game Sun Apr 14 or 28 in Golden Gate Park if that works for you.
                Possibly the 28th. If I can make it work that would be fun. Do you still have an old tyme moustache ? I think you did at one time if my memory is right
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Comment

Maybe, why?
                    Just reminded me of his "lots of deadball pitchers" thoughts.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Comment

Oh Damn My Bloody Luck
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Oh Damn My Bloody Luck
                          Deadball, Mjl's Bane Later
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Deadball, Mjl's Bane Later
                            10 straight hitters followed by 4 pitchers. I think I always go pitching early, so I cant wrap my head around how to punt pitching Maybe mjl and Johnny will show me the way
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Garp is apparently not punting anything and also looking strong. Plus KS says Johnny will kill us all. DMT with Wally Big. hmmm...this could be a photo finish. Since I havent done any projections I could be really wrong, but it sure looks like it will be a great race
                              There is at least one team other than Johnny that's going to finish ahead of me. You guys killed me with this last couple rounds.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I figured you were in a meeting yesterday when you blasted us with Diverse Mostly Banal Lore
                                In a scouting meeting today, had to pay attention. Yesterday I was sitting at my desk running gradient boosted random forests.
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X