*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Here's a list bands for you to check out from the 80s, 90s, and up until today. You probably need to like religious music, though:

1. Slayer
    2. End of list

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Anyone know why Sam Gray is listed as "Dolly" Gray in the spreadsheet? There is another player named Dolly but he didn't pitch the same years.
      The player with LahmanID = 'graydo02' is Samuel David Gray, born October 15, 1897, in Van Alstyne, Texas. He pitched 1924-1933.

According to the BR Bullpen:

He was nicknamed "Dolly" after a song "Goodbye, Dolly Gray". The name was also hung on another pitcher whose name was Gray, William Denton Gray (Dolly Gray).
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        I'll begin my time travel this weekend. We have a blizzard coming and i just signed up for spotify
        If you only listened the artists repeated on both lists, you'd be spending the weekend listening to

Radiohead
        Arcade Fire
        The White Stripes
        Sufjan Stevens

That sounds like a good weekend.

Spotify has a Top 10 for each artist, which if you don't set to repeat (or random) will I think just keep playing the most popular songs. But with those artists, you'd probably be best listening to a selection of their best albums

Comment

• They are Nazi fucking pricks. Fuck them. Rob Halford is the METAL GOD!!!! Hell bent for leather, lol.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            If you only listened the artists repeated on both lists, you'd be spending the weekend listening to

Radiohead
            Arcade Fire
            The White Stripes
            Sufjan Stevens

And Green Day...or not, could have sworn I added them.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• You can add this to your list of bands to check out:

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Radiohead
                Arcade Fire
                The White Stripes
                Sufjan Stevens

Sounds like a plan. Maybe start radiohead tonight. katy perry referred to them so they must be good ! :hangs head in shame:
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  The player with LahmanID = 'graydo02' is Samuel David Gray, born October 15, 1897, in Van Alstyne, Texas. He pitched 1924-1933.

According to the BR Bullpen:
                  https://www.baseball-reference.com/b...ray_(graysa01)

Nice, here's the "other" Dolly Gray:

Check out the latest Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Rookie Status & More of Dolly Gray. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, draft status, bats, throws, school and more on Baseball-reference.com

Apparently there have been 3 players in history named or nicknamed Dolly (3rd one is here -- https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...tarkdo01.shtml)

Comment

• You know how when you ask people what kind of music they like, inevitably they say, "Oh, I like all kinds of music!"

Not me, motherfuckers. Speed metal and punk rock for me. Oh, and also classic Motown. And maybe some, specific classical stuff. Jazz, but not Coltrane-style. A little rap but not much. Some reggae maybe.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      And Green Day...or not, could have sworn I added them.
                      Have a green day album already !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Dolly: Martial bugles lure.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Have a green day album already !
                          Does the jacket explain why that guy sings with a British accent even though he's from Philadelphia or whatever?

Comment

Radiohead
                            Arcade Fire
                            The White Stripes
                            Sufjan Stevens

Spotify has a Top 10 for each artist, which if you don't set to repeat (or random) will I think just keep playing the most popular songs. But with those artists, you'd probably be best listening to a selection of their best albums
                            Tip of the day:

Google "Band Name" and "Best Ever Albums" (e.g. "Beatles Best Ever album") if you wan't to know which albums to listen to. That site (besteveralbums .com) will give a very fair reflection of the album ranking for practically every band.

Try it ... it's a damn fine resource.

Comment

• Johnny - here's my BR data update -- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...DfJYZLh-fi8_HA

Comment

• I hope this doesnt lead me down tje dark path of sports bar musical drafts
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X