Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Work into the ss (spreadsheet) **
    I can post my latest version, which should be up-to-date on stats, and just needs some VD13 fixes related to adding rounds 26-27, if that's helpful. I probably won't get to those fixes until later this afternoon (Central US Time), so if you have time, that would be helpful.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Updates to the spreadsheet posted in history/spreadsheet threads.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I have all day today. Shouldn't take me long to finish it based on the work youve already done!

The shift to OBP is making me balk a bit on my next picks. I just can't recall off hand the players who are positively and negatively affected by this.

Comment

• Will pick soon. Mantle and Hornsby were definitely on my radar.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I was thinking of one of Mantle / Hornsby / Collins there, so I guess I just go with the last man standing.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              I have 1915 ahead by a decent margin.

I have Walsh's 1908 ahead of 1910 but that one a closer decision. I'm not sure I'm doing it right determining the optimal decade.
              I have 08 just slightly better, it's super close. But I'm not sure I'm doing it right either. I've been working on that. This weekend I'm going to work on how to value OBP instead of average, i made a real crude adjustment, but need some better accuracy.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                I have 08 just slightly better, it's super close. But I'm not sure I'm doing it right either. I've been working on that. This weekend I'm going to work on how to value OBP instead of average, i made a real crude adjustment, but need some better accuracy.
                + Need to do this also

Comment

• I remember in the old forums I tried to be cute on OBP vs AVG adjustments for a few drafts and then basically decided I didn't know how to do it within the accuracy that I was able to do rankings in the first place. So I just moved the baseline somewhat based on OBP being higher than AVG and called it a day.

Comment

I remember in the old forums I tried to be cute on OBP vs AVG adjustments for a few drafts and then basically decided I didn't know how to do it within the accuracy that I was able to do rankings in the first place. So I just moved the baseline somewhat based on OBP being higher than AVG and called it a day.
                    I did the same thing, and will no doubt do the same thing again

Plus I don't even recall how I set the baseline for the average ratios because I lost all that stuff. It was years of experimentation. I did a hack job which I've been using for the new site drafts ... and been fairly content with that.

Comment

• Scary thing is, this is actually useful to me with my job search. I read a lot of these descriptions in ads and I think, I don't think I've ever done that, but most of the time I have, I just call it, "that shit I do in Tuesday" rather than the formal terms used here. Now I'm like, oh, that's our labor relations index (how likely a group is to vote to unionize). Or our comment analysis, our key driver analysys or whatever...
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I remember in the old forums I tried to be cute on OBP vs AVG adjustments for a few drafts and then basically decided I didn't know how to do it within the accuracy that I was able to do rankings in the first place. So I just moved the baseline somewhat based on OBP being higher than AVG and called it a day.
                        I reached the same conclusion as you and Johnny...good enough is good enough.

One thing that would help me in the spreadsheet in the by year tab is a column that shows which year of a player is drafted. Now it just colors every year for the player so you can't tell. Probably pretty easy to do so I'll try to figure it out after some other stuff.
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• So what would you estimate the OBP equivalent of a .300 BA is?

The 200th ranked career BA guy has 0.3001
                          The 200th ranked career OB guy has 0.3767

Seem reasonably ballparky

Comment

So what would you estimate the OBP equivalent of a .300 BA is?
                            .380-ish

Comment

So what would you estimate the OBP equivalent of a .300 BA is?

The 200th ranked career BA guy has 0.3001
                              The 200th ranked career OB guy has 0.3767

Seem reasonably ballparky
                              I used .370 as "par' for career OBP, ....so I was reasonably close
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• So Barry Bonds goes 9th eh. That must be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X