*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    This is me as well... I don't think I would do something in an "almost certain death" situation, but I'm pretty sure I would underestimate the "almost certainty" in nearly any situation.

Stepping into fights is different as I am severely non-confrontational. I'd like to be that guy, but I fear I would just escalate things and make them worse. I'd like to think I would step in if there was actual physical abuse going on though.
    I am also one to stick my nose in where it shouldn't be:
    example one - I was dating this girl and was over at her duplex one Saturday night , we were laying on the couch " watching " a movie when a big bang came on the door. Throwing on my jeans only I went to the door and a young girl was screaming he has a knife and is going to hurt my sister. I immediately follow her over to the other side enter their kitchen to see this guy holding a big knife yelling he was going to kill himself. I grabbed his wrist with the knife ( cutting my hand) and kept telling him he didn't want to do this. We struggled around the kitchen until I heard behind me stop and put your hands up. I turned around to see 2 cops pointing a gun at us. Standing there dripping blood barefoot , no shirt on . I could only tell them I was afraid to let go of his hand with the knife. Luckily he dropped the knife and the girl told them I was there helping her.

Example 2:
    Our softball team was sponsored by a disco ( yes I am old you fuckers) 2 of the bouncers played with us and we would end up there most nights until it closed . This One night a big fight broke out with a bunch of drunks jumping on the 2 bouncer players I plowed into the mess to help them when the Manager( EX cop) Grabbed me by the throat crushing it lifted me up and slammed to the ground. After it was over I looked at him and whispered( could hardly talked) and said WTF. He said sorry All my bouncers are 300 plus so I was just grabbing all the skinny ass necks I saw.

Hopefully in my old age I will now pull a

Comment

• The weather dictates the first Frappuccino of the year. Good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        The weather dictates the first Frappuccino of the year. Good times.
        Edit: Enjoy your tasty beverage!
        Last edited by Bene Futuis; 04-21-2019, 09:04 AM.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I can't figure out of Ken is a nice guy for engaging the soccer kid in the soccer thread, or an asshole for encouraging that kind of stuff on this site.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I can't figure out of Ken is a nice guy for engaging the soccer kid in the soccer thread, or an asshole for encouraging that kind of stuff on this site.
            Why not both....

Comment

• I think Heyelander may stand me up tonight. Maybe i shouldnt have suggested meeting in an abandoned warehouse and to make sure he was alone
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Send .... help ....

Comment

Send .... help ....
                  Nothing to see here....move along
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• This is RJEL Girl signing in with Heyelander's account .... if anyone knows anything about this, please let me know ....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      it's an irresistible force at times
                      don't tell me, I know already.

Comment

• Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
                        In the forests of the night;
                        What immortal hand or eye,
                        Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

In what distant deeps or skies.
                        Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
                        On what wings dare he aspire?
                        What the hand, dare seize the fire?

And what shoulder, & what art,
                        Could twist the sinews of thy heart?
                        And when thy heart began to beat,
                        What dread hand? & what dread feet?

What the hammer? what the chain,
                        In what furnace was thy brain?
                        What the anvil? what dread grasp,
                        Dare its deadly terrors clasp!

When the stars threw down their spears
                        And water'd heaven with their tears:
                        Did he smile his work to see?
                        Did he who made the Lamb make thee?

Tyger Tyger burning bright,
                        In the forests of the night:
                        What immortal hand or eye,
                        Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• okay .... not sure what to do with that so here's a video of a whale shark ....

I think he was pretty small.

There was one earlier in the day who was feeding, just sitting in one place and washing water in and out of it's mouth. It was pretty amazing. I swam circles around it a number of times "taking video". The gopro was new though, and there's a button on the front that switches it between video and camera, and one of the top that turns it on and off. I kept hitting the front one just switching modes back and forth rather than taking actual video. So I never shot anything. DOH!.

Comment

• Here's a video of diving in Bonaire .... the fish there were fantastic.

Comment

• One more. Also Bonaire.

This one is swimming around inside a ball of thousands of little fish. It goes on for over 5 minutes but doesn't change much. I swam around inside them for close to 30 minutes. It's hypnotizing!

Comment

Here's a video of diving in Bon Aire .... the fish there were fantastic.
                                Are you a diver? I've been to bonaire twice for scuba and I've done the whale shark snorkel in Cozumel as well. Both were amazing.

I've also done Bahamas, Belize, Cozumel, Turks and Caicos, Caymen Islands, and probably some others I'm not thinking of right now. My favorite dives have been shark dives in the bahamas off a liveaboard cruise, and a few of the Bonaire dives just due to the quantity of fish.

Headed to St. Martin in a month, but not sure if I can dive this time. I damaged my left ear on my last dive.
                                Last edited by Ken; 04-30-2019, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X