No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would prefer that spiders stop looking at me.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      I would prefer that spiders stop looking at me.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Welp, made it almost a week before everything went to hell. Good job, baseball. No one could possibly have seen this coming....
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Welp, made it almost a week before everything went to hell. Good job, baseball. No one could possibly have seen this coming....
          I had gotten hopeful when they didn't seem to have any outbreaks for a few weeks. Still hope i suppose
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            I had gotten hopeful when they didn't seem to have any outbreaks for a few weeks. Still hope i suppose
            Monday night's game is postponed and the Marlins and Yankees are in Philadelphia as the sport attempts to deal with the aftermath.

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• if they just do a swab test it seems like they would want to quarantine everyone involved in the seriies at least a week. I saw this amazing comment on Rotoworld

Monday's scheduled home opener in Miami had already been postponed amid a big wave of COVID-19 positive tests up and down the Marlins' depth chart, and now Ravech reports that the team "will either play Wednesday in Baltimore or not play until safe." The longer this goes on, the trickier it's going to be for Major League Baseball to reschedule these games. But of course the health of everybody involved should be the No. 1 priority.
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• They do saliva testing.

Comment

• This fantasy season is a joke.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    Who is Dan Blatt?
                    The guy from that mall cop movie
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      This fantasy season is a joke.
                      I made a bunch of moves, didn't trade any of my top rookies, but not sure it was a great idea at this point.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        They do saliva testing.
                        so someone exposed this weekend would possibly not test positive until much later this week. On MLB.com it said they expected test results for Phillies and Marlins late tonight and will then make a decision. Am I missing something...or are they not making any sense at all ?

Hours after Major League Baseball postponed games in both Miami and Philadelphia following a number of positive COVID-19 tests for members of the Marlins, Commissioner Rob Manfred addressed the current situation and the league’s plans going forward in an interview with Tom Verducci on MLB Network. Manfred announced that the

MLB expects to receive test results from the Phillies and Marlins late Monday night, at which time the league will determine how those teams will proceed. The Phillies were set to host the Yankees on Monday night, but the game was postponed out of an abundance of caution.

EDIT - not directed to you, don't expect you to answer, just thinking out load and hoping there is something i am not understanding
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• If I had the computer chops to do it, I would post a picture of an ostrich with its head in the sand here.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            I made a bunch of moves, didn't trade any of my top rookies, but not sure it was a great idea at this point.
                            The fault for my bad teams lies squarely with my terrible drafting and shocking ill-preparedness but this season just doesn't feel right at all.

Comment

• It's upsetting to see how many people are shitting on David Price after simply saying what all of us were thinking, too.

Comment

• This virus, imo, changes every single thing about how we should view our society, our economy, how we value workers, how we value health, the role of the federal government, and on and on.

Comment

Working...
                                X