No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well... I had sort of liked my PONY team. I mean I know it's silly early, but my pitching staff is decimated after losing Kluber, Hamels, Wood (there's a pill for that, no?) and Archer and Mikolas never returning to health.
    I'm left with Nola and Lamet, and I guess Rodon, Luzardo and Pearson.

Almost ready to punt.

edit: just looked at standings... I have 34 points total and am in 1st place for 15 points in BA. Standard 5x5 so 19 points across 9 other categories.

edit more: oops, I missed that Rodon was done too. swell.
    Last edited by heyelander; 07-30-2020, 04:29 PM.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• cavebird, did you see this?

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-braves/braves-share-message-from-eastern-band-of-cherokee-indians/
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• got a 404.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Well... I had sort of liked my PONY team. I mean I know it's silly early, but my pitching staff is decimated after losing Kluber, Hamels, Wood (there's a pill for that, no?) and Archer and Mikolas never returning to health.
          I'm left with Nola and Lamet, and I guess Rodon, Luzardo and Pearson.

Almost ready to punt.

edit: just looked at standings... I have 34 points total and am in 1st place for 15 points in BA. Standard 5x5 so 19 points across 9 other categories.

edit more: oops, I missed that Rodon was done too. swell.
          I thought my pitching staff was in bad shape losing Hamels and Folty...
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            got a 404.
            Yeah, I had the tags in the wrong places.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              I thought my pitching staff was in bad shape losing Hamels and Folty...
              Fried and Soroka doing work though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Fried and Soroka doing work though.
                They are fun to watch.

Comment

• And who is Daren Mallard? He's another one who pops up on Facebook with every RJer as a friend, yet I have no idea who he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    And who is Daren Mallard? He's another one who pops up on Facebook with every RJer as a friend, yet I have no idea who he is.
                    Daren Mallard--baseball links him to you.

Comment

And who is Daren Mallard? He's another one who pops up on Facebook with every RJer as a friend, yet I have no idea who he is.
                      Birds of a feather flock together.

Comment

• I don't think I know who Daren is here, but I could be mistaken.

Comment

• Oh hey, we just passed 11,000 posts here.

Comment

man, no clue... I was almost of the impression that we didn't have a single black member here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              Oh hey, we just passed 11,000 posts here.
                              and 370,000 views. That is not nearly enough considering the knowledge and wisdom that can be gleaned from our posting.
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                and 370,000 views. That is not nearly enough considering the knowledge and wisdom that can be gleaned from our posting.
                                at least the spiders are learning

Comment

Working...
                                X