Page 1040 of 1054 FirstFirst ... 405409409901030103810391040104110421050 ... LastLast
Results 10,391 to 10,400 of 10533

Thread: *** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

I am one part hopeful and excited and nine parts worried. I don't think the players are going to obey the safety protocols. Tom Brady is representative of a large contingent of players who don't believe it's dangerous. And then it becomes unmanly for the rest of the players to wear masks in the clubhouse and otherwise follow the protocols. Frequent testing can only do so much without a broad and cross-party societal agreement to take this much more seriously than we are. Every man for himself doesn't work in situations like these.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I am one part hopeful and excited and nine parts worried. I don't think the players are going to obey the safety protocols. Tom Brady is representative of a large contingent of players who don't believe it's dangerous. And then it becomes unmanly for the rest of the players to wear masks in the clubhouse and otherwise follow the protocols. Frequent testing can only do so much without a broad and cross-party societal agreement to take this much more seriously than we are. Every man for himself doesn't work in situations like these.
    Aside from the embarrassing Adria Tennis Tour ... this is Liverpool players celebrating winning the EPL last night.

These are UK beaches yesterday:

Barely anyone wears masks here. We are almost certainly doomed to a second wave.

So the US has a fierce "don't tell me what I can and can't do" mentality. What's the philosophy in the UK that is keeping people from doing sensible things?
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    So the US has a fierce "don't tell me what I can and can't do" mentality. What's the philosophy in the UK that is keeping people from doing sensible things?
    It's the same here, and the Government know that, so they don't want to compel people to do what's needed because of how it might impact them come election time.
    Last edited by johnnya24; 06-26-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Double-A
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnya24 View Post
    It's the same here, and the Government know that, so they don't want to compel people to do what's needed because of how it might impact them come election time.
    Can't the Queen lock all the mask-flouters in the Tower?

Quote Originally Posted by jmaeroff View Post
    Can't the Queen lock all the mask-flouters in the Tower?
    Off with their heads!!
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Took RJEL girl out for dinner for her birthday tonight. Place was fantastic! new place, on a list of African-American own restaurants in the area (dismally small list). Everything was great, but it was really weird being out. I don't think we will make a habit of it. Having a hard time coming up with the next occasion I will feel the need to eat out.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    I went out and flew a kite today, which I haven't done in quite some time and is really freakin' fun.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by heyelander View Post
    Took RJEL girl out for dinner for her birthday tonight. Place was fantastic! new place, on a list of African-American own restaurants in the area (dismally small list). Everything was great, but it was really weird being out. I don't think we will make a habit of it. Having a hard time coming up with the next occasion I will feel the need to eat out.
    Yeah my business partner always wants to meet at the patio bar. I've now been there twice but it's pretty much a mask free zone because everyone is drinking. Plus, being seated outside makes being masked up extraordinarily hot in the New Mexico summer sun.

Edit: All the staff wear masks, and the good kind with the nose thing. New Mexico is shockingly compliant with mask and covid-related stuff. Outside of some YeeHawdists in the nether stretches of the south, we're actually like taking care of each other and watching out for one another's safety. It's kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Yeah my business partner always wants to meet at the patio bar. I've now been there twice but it's pretty much a mask free zone because everyone is drinking. Plus, being seated outside makes being masked up extraordinarily hot in the New Mexico summer sun.

Edit: All the staff wear masks, and the good kind with the nose thing. New Mexico is shockingly compliant with mask and covid-related stuff. Outside of some YeeHawdists in the nether stretches of the south, we're actually like taking care of each other and watching out for one another's safety. It's kinda cool.
    If u are going to eat out I would strongly encourage outside dining. Plus eating outside is so much nicer in my opinion