Page 1 of 437 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: *** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Will be some variant of a Decades draft ... unless someone has an objection that.

I'll put up some polls to decide what we add to the pot.

1. Ko's might be an option this time - everyone has 5 players they can eliminate, that can only be used between rounds 6 and 15 (for example).
    2. I think history says it's better to leave WC's off Decades drafts, right?

Participants:

Johnny
    Feral
    DMT
    Ken
    MJL
    TSG
    Mookie
    Hacko
    Last edited by johnnya24; 12-21-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnya24 View Post

Will be some variant of a Decades draft ... unless someone has an objection that.

I'll put up some polls to decide what we add to the pot.

1. Ko's might be an option this time - everyone has 5 players they can eliminate, that can only be used between rounds 6 and 15 (for example).
    2. I think history says it's better to leave WC's off Decades drafts, right?

Participants:

Johnny
    So does this mean MookieTyme, Heyelander and ALTID4 will also participate ? I'm in as well. Would there be any restriction on KO's from a particular decade ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    So does this mean MookieTyme, Heyelander and ALTID4 will also participate ? I'm in as well. Would there be any restriction on KO's from a particular decade ?
    Can I borrow a johnny alter-ego for prep week?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    i'm not sure about AltID4 yet. I was thinking a post-Apu Indian-American from Texas, with a diabloesque predisposition towards arguing with people. It's a work in progress. I'll let ya know

As for KO's, yeah, they'd have to exclude certain decades for both hitting and pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    Can I borrow a johnny alter-ego for prep week?
    He's busy trying to find a job for Heyelander.

i'm not sure about AltID4 yet. I was thinking a post-Apu Indian-American from Texas, with a diabloesque predisposition towards arguing with people. It's a work in progress. I'll let ya know.
    Hey, wait a minute...
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Big Leaguer
    I think I got relegated in VD12. Where's the Championship League forum?

He's busy trying to find a job for Heyelander.
    That's fine, I'll settle for the other one.
    - Terence McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Welcome to the show rook!
    - Terence McKenna

Big Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    For what it's worth, note that on the standings tab, if we were using additive scoring, you're right in the middle. I'll leave it to someone competent to tell you what you did wrong, but my guess would be (a) if you're dumping that many pitching categories you really shouldn't have twos in the hitting side also, and (b) as much as he maybe shouldn't have been available at the time you took him Warren Spahn is contributing approximately nothing to your team as one of your wild-cards. Replacing him with Bill Upham (career 142 IP, 7 W, 54 K; BY 121 IP, 6 W, 46 K) costs you three points in the standings, and replacing him with some closer who had a good career is worth about +7. In multiplicative scoring, turning those twos into threes is a big deal and locking up those 15s at the top of a category is almost irrelevant compared to 14s and 13s.
    Last edited by mjl; 12-21-2018 at 02:29 PM.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.