*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, fool.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Once things started moving tonight, they moved quickly. I need to catch up with today's picks before I know who to pick.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• FYI, Abreu's stats just took a hit (OBP). Spreadsheet has been updated.

Comment

• if you missed it in the spreadsheet thread, Bobby Abreu's career OBP is .395, not .416.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Once things started moving tonight, they moved quickly. I need to catch up with today's picks before I know who to pick.
            Check your inbox, i sent u a few suggestions
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I get logged off every so often and just encountered my first database error after the RJ migration, which definitely appears to have done some damage somewhere somehow.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I thought mjl was here, but given the new timeout length, perhaps not. I'm heading off to bed in a bit if we don't make the turn here shortly.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Anyone walk outside and see the eclipse ?
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Anyone walk outside and see the eclipse ?
                    Yep...too bad it wasn't earlier so the moon would be bigger, but still pretty cool.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Anyone walk outside and see the eclipse ?
                      Been raining here for a week.... which is a week longer than it usually rains.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I've been here almost all that time. Sorry that took so long, I kept tinkering with my formula trying to get it not to tell me to take McGwire given how solid the 90s are, but... man that's a good fucking BY.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                          I kept tinkering with my formula
                          Never heard it called that before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            I'm having a hard time picking a new video game. I'm just about done with Divinity: Original Sin II which was one of the most exceelent games I've ever played. Was taking a gander at Far Cry 5 but it's gotten pretty bad reviews everywhere. I bought Dying Light on super sale a while ago but apparently I really don't like parkour games at all. So I'm headed back to playing Civ 5 (still).
                            Path of Exile?

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                              I've been here almost all that time. Sorry that took so long, I kept tinkering with my formula trying to get it not to tell me to take McGwire given how solid the 90s are, but... man that's a good fucking BY.
                              Does your formula include pitchers?

I will say I'm glad Big Mac didn't last too much longer after Manny.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Here. Will pick shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X