*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    As far as you know, I have not been convicted of any crime.
    Dubious methods, but legal.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      Dubious methods, but legal.
      Dude, Mike broke laws.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

arrive 4/23 I think, come back Sunday 4/28 if I recall. Can you bring the lemonade ?
        ah, here's the post I was looking for... (thanks ken! you rock).

crap, the 28th is indeed the 4th Sunday of the month... I'll talk to my mom about skipping the soup kitchen that day (feeding the poor isn't that important, right?) Regardless, I'm in for Saturday night.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          you could do Zion/Bryce/Grand Canyon all on the same trip. I've not heard great things about Joshua Tree, but have never been there myself, and I think I was talking to people who wouldn't have been interested in the first place, so mileage may vary. Death Valley is neat, but I'm not sure it's 4-5 days neat. It's close enough to Vegas that you could do those together. Surprisingly, Yosemite is closer than Bryce/Grand Canyon. It's positively wonderful there if you've never been.

Phillies are in LA/SD at the end of may into early June. RJEL Girl and I are headed down to catch a couple of games.
          Saving Yosemite for later, but really want to go. I went to Zion/Bryce Canyon 2 years ago, but it's tempting to try to at least to Zion and Grand Canyon. Just need to decide how much driving I want to do.
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Dude, Mike broke laws.
            Didn't make bail, lol
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Saving Yosemite for later, but really want to go. I went to Zion/Bryce Canyon 2 years ago, but it's tempting to try to at least to Zion and Grand Canyon. Just need to decide how much driving I want to do.
              The Grand Canyon is amazing. Second to Yosemite on my list of places that I've been that blow my mind. If you do go to the Grand Canyon, I would highly recommend walking at least a little bit below the rim. It completely changes your perspective of the place.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Didn't make bail, lol
                Detention money boosting lobbyists for private prisons?
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

The Grand Canyon is amazing. Second to Yosemite on my list of places that I've been that blow my mind. If you do go to the Grand Canyon, I would highly recommend walking at least a little bit below the rim. It completely changes your perspective of the place.
                  I haven't been to the Grand Canyon since I was 5 or something like that. Don't remember it at all. So I probably ought to just bite the bullet and drive however long I need to, it's not that far of a drive from LA. It will also be really cool to have that time with my daughter. Better than walking around some city shopping and checking the cell phone. If I can work in Zion too I'll do that too.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    True true true true

So my wife comes home from whatever, asks if I'm done watching basketball. Sure, whatever. I look up and who do I see. Jake Peralta. Johnny must be so proud
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Jhonny Peralta?

Comment

Jhonny Peralta?
                        JhonnyP24 as I like to call him
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          I enjoy these diatribes very much. Bonus points for the self-answering.

Wine snobs are bad but a good friend of mine was a wine snob who sold fancy wines to stores and bars and restaurants. She got the best of the best and I drank like a fucking king for quite some time. Her place of business acquired a few different liquor accounts, too, after a while so she ended up with a full and well-stocked bar of all sorts of amazing booze. And that was back in my major enthusiasm for the sauce days. Rotated drinking Williams Selyem and Grey Goose Ducasse while mixing in 30 packs of PBR. Those days were very, very fun.
                          I feel like i should make a few more posts and respond to myself tonight. No power outage or snowstorm to inspire me though.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Looks like next season is the last for supernatural
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              Looks like next season is the last for supernatural
                              Yes, my daughter was distraught on Friday when she found out. I'm coping pretty well.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Going to see Chvrches on Tuesday ... anyone into them?

No....
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X