*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks - posted my pick, draft thread needs updated with the obp rule
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
      Thanks - posted my pick, draft thread needs updated with the obp rule
      I cant do that from mobile. I'll fix that when I get home. I'll make a reminder post in the draft thread.

Comment

• You down with OBP? Yeah, you know me. Who's down with OBP? Every last VD!

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
          You down with OBP? Yeah, you know me. Who's down with OBP? Every last VD!
          Haha ... Nice one centurion 😁

Comment

• I'll not be able to pick until I get home.

Comment

• Pick is super obvious I feel, but I wanna have a look first.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                Pick is super obvious I feel, but I wanna have a look first.
                Wasn't as obvious as first seemed.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  Wasn't as obvious as first seemed.
                  I think there's a pretty good argument for Cobb as the #1 overall pick. The 1910s are rough for hitters and that Cobb guy is pretty okay. Perhaps better in a BA setup, but still...
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I tried to make an argument for a pitcher in my head, but the jump to OBP boosts Ted above any of them for me.

Comment

• Is anyone else surprised how often guests browse this forum? There were 11 guests browsing right now. Do we have closet fans? Do people root against the robot as they root against other dynasties? Are people making Amish jokes to their friends who just roll their eyes?

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                        Is anyone else surprised how often guests browse this forum? There were 11 guests browsing right now. Do we have closet fans? Do people root against the robot as they root against other dynasties? Are people making Amish jokes to their friends who just roll their eyes?
                        I have wondered that, too.

My guess is that the "guests" are either VD participants who aren't logged in, or robot crawlers from search engines. Not sure how those would show up. But yeah, 11 guests seems way to high for either of those. Maybe an occasional RJ regular but non-VD participant wanders into the forum when they aren't logged in, but that seems unlikely to happen very much.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Not sure if it is the new host or what exactly, but I'm not able to stay logged in consistently now. Almost every time I make a comment I have to re-login. Which suggests that much of my browsing now shows up as Guest? It is odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Not sure if it is the new host or what exactly, but I'm not able to stay logged in consistently now. Almost every time I make a comment I have to re-login. Which suggests that much of my browsing now shows up as Guest? It is odd.
                            Yeah, this issue coincides with the strange counts for people viewing the forum. Yesterday we had 20 people vieiwing
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              Yeah, this issue coincides with the strange counts for people viewing the forum. Yesterday we had 20 people vieiwing
                              yesterday we had 20 people viewing our forum and then it dropped to 1 or 2 a few minutes later. Strange happenings afoot.

Back to VD13 discussion, it's looking a lot like VD10 will be interesting to see the first surprise picks and if they relate to rules changes
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                I think there's a pretty good argument for Cobb as the #1 overall pick. The 1910s are rough for hitters and that Cobb guy is pretty okay. Perhaps better in a BA setup, but still...
                                Yeah no brainer with BA ... he's OK with OBP, which made it less of an auto pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X