*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Ours was a total trainwreck. About every 8-10 players, bids would get backed up (I think) and result in the thing just timing out and giving the player to whoever had the bid in before the app froze. This happened repeatedly. There was some jackdick "moderator" there, supposedly, who paused the auction the first couple times this happened and rolled the player back. However, he just kind of disappeared for a while. People were punching "contact admin" over and over and by the time the dude actually bothered to show back up, he told everyone that the auction had progressed too far since the problem and he wouldn't roll things back. I guess if it was free it would have been tolerable, but it's $125. Oh and the clock is set for like 15 seconds so be really fucking quick on all your nominations and bids, assuming you can get them in at all. It was bad.
    What a nightmare, that sounds like an email to the site followed by a full refund is in order. If they don't have a stable app and don't have admins who can fix the problems, then they don't have a viable product to sell.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      3 hours? Man, living here in Cali ice gotten so use to driving. We'll drive 3 hours to go see some flowers I've read about our something.
      Well, it's probably less enjoyable driving in the dark with all the rain. Plus, it's rarely just three hours, usually traffic slowdowns for half of the drive, so it is more like 3:30 - 4:00 unless you time it right. And I've done the drive over 100 times, so it's much nicer to sit on a train and look out the window, read a book, post on RJ, etc.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• That does not sound like fun.

Comment

• Listening to Bush's Sixteen Stone for the first time in more than 20 years ... I can't begin to tell you how much the British music press hated Bush ... one reason I liked them. Post-grunge landfill for sure, but they were pretty decent landfill... They could play and put on a show. Still holds up pretty well as long as you don't scrutinise too much. A bit like Live, decent, as long as you don't listen to the words.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Listening to Bush's Sixteen Stone for the first time in more than 20 years ... I can't begin to tell you how much the British music press hated Bush ... one reason I liked them. Post-grunge landfill for sure, but they were pretty decent landfill... They could play and put on a show. Still holds up pretty well as long as you don't scrutinise too much. A bit like Live, decent, as long as you don't listen to the words.
            Which B99 episode most closely approximates this idea?
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              Which B99 episode most closely approximates this idea?
              Something something Nakatomi Towers.

Comment

Listening to Bush's Sixteen Stone for the first time in more than 20 years ....
                It would have had a lot more success in the states if they called it Two Hundred Twenty Four Pounds
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  It would have had a lot more success in the states if they called it Two Hundred Twenty Four Pounds
                  Definitely in the running for ugliest album cover ever. Just gross.

Comment

Listening to Bush's Sixteen Stone for the first time in more than 20 years ... I can't begin to tell you how much the British music press hated Bush ... one reason I liked them. Post-grunge landfill for sure, but they were pretty decent landfill... They could play and put on a show. Still holds up pretty well as long as you don't scrutinise too much. A bit like Live, decent, as long as you don't listen to the words.
                    A few years back I was in front of Gavin Rossdale in the TSA line at the Sacramento Airport... No clue what he was doing there, it's just a step above a commuter airport. He was holding a tiny dog and waiting to get on a plane. I didn't recognize him at all, but RJEL girl knew who he was from his marriage to Gwen Stefani.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I haven't listened to them in that long, either, but in my memory they were always so earnest...

Comment

• I don't mind them all that much, but that song "I don't wanna come down from this cloud" or whatever is just a fucking awful song and ruined everything else regarding them for me. I practically break my fingers hurrying to change the station if that song comes on. I kind of liked that "breathe in, breathe out" song they had, though.

Names are hard.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I don't mind them all that much, but that song "I don't wanna come down from this cloud" or whatever is just a fucking awful song and ruined everything else regarding them for me. I practically break my fingers hurrying to change the station if that song comes on. I kind of liked that "breathe in, breathe out" song they had, though.

Names are hard.
                          They always struck me as a total Nirvana copycat act. But I still listen to "Glycerine".
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Lol. He's my facebook friend. He's also a Jewish lawyer from New York. Which one am I talking about? That's for you to figure out!!!!
                            Sorry, I've been a little busy fixing some stuff but, I can confirm that the allegations that I am Michael Cohen are fake news.

Comment

• It's interesting how certain bands manage to transcend their era and others seem stuck in that certain time forever. The latter often has to do with production. I think of the Smashing Pumpkins as very much stuck in the 90's but I know others disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                                It's interesting how certain bands manage to transcend their era and others seem stuck in that certain time forever. The latter often has to do with production. I think of the Smashing Pumpkins as very much stuck in the 90's but I know others disagree.
                                To be clear, when I say stuck in a certain time, I'm thinking of that scene at the end of Superman 2 where Zod and his cronies are flying through the universe in that weird parallelogram. That's how I think of the Smashing Pumpkins. Forever flying through the 90's.

Comment

Working...
                                X