No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably targeting another SP with my next pick. Let’s see if Kershaw or Bauer or someone similar slides.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Probably targeting another SP with my next pick. Let’s see if Kershaw or Bauer or someone similar slides.
      I might be a homer but I like Bauer.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
        I might be a homer but I like Bauer.
        Bauer / Kershaw / Severino just taken all in a row. Next guy I like best is Clevinger. Soto still is on the board, so I'll likely go with him if he's around.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Bauer / Kershaw / Severino just taken all in a row. Next guy I like best is Clevinger. Soto still is on the board, so I'll likely go with him if he's around.
          Actually both Carrasco and Buehler are still out there on the pitching side, too. Going to be a tough choice. I'm up in 3 picks again.

Comment

• Missed out on Soto by two picks. Bummer. Ended up picking Walker Buehler but thought a lot about Carrasco or Thor there.

About seven picks until my next one. Looking at Albies or Pham maybe. I’d like to start looking at either a speed guy or maybe a multi category contributor.

All the closers are still on the broad too including Diaz.

Comment

• Normally I don’t like loading up on pitching but these no FAAB leagues are different. Clevinger is still sitting out there. I’m very very high on him.

Comment

• Drafting Makes Bene Linger
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Drafting Makes Bene Linger
                  Longer ?
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    Drafting Makes Bene Linger
                    Running joke in our league is whenever someone's player goes out with an oblique injury, someone posts this:

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Feel free to chime in with your drafting thoughts, if you'd like! Here's my team so far:

1. Arenado
                      2. Sale
                      3. Bryant
                      4. Buehler

Comment

• is this a draft champions league or a regular one?
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Draft champ, but it's a 12 teamer instead of 15

Comment

Actually both Carrasco and Buehler are still out there on the pitching side, too. Going to be a tough choice. I'm up in 3 picks again.
                            Did Nola go before the kershaw group, or is he still there?
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Nola went early in the 2nd round before Kershaw

Edit: Sorry, early 3rd. After Sale, it went Cole / Verlander / Kluber / Snell / Nola followed by Bauer / Kershaw / Severino

Comment

• I picked Tommy Pham following his huge 2nd half last year. For the same reasons, I avoided Ozzy Albies.

Comment

Working...
                                X