Page 320 of 320 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3200

Thread: *** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Damn, there are tons of 1Bs that are cut from the same low-BA, high-power cloth:

Santana
    Encarnacion
    Olson
    Muncy
    Gallo
    Shaw
    Sano
    Smoak

I feel half tempted to try and wait it out until I end up with Miguel Cabrera. Who knows what you'll get with him but you might strike gold (or get jack dick).
    "My battery's low and it's getting dark." - Last message from NASA's Opportunity Rover, built to operate for 90 days but kept going for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    If that's who I think it is, I harbor a strong and probably irrational dislike for that guy that I'd need to overcome first. He did do a good job recovering from his, uh, oopsie though.
    From what I know about it, there was zero ill will or disrespect meant on his part. I don't know him well and this couldn't testify fully to this, but I saw no indications of him being either a racist or a jerk.
    "There was nothing for him to do under the truck, but it's tough to blame him now that he is dead." -V.Erps 3/26/2005

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    From what I know about it, there was zero ill will or disrespect meant on his part. I don't know him well and this couldn't testify fully to this, but I saw no indications of him being either a racist or a jerk.
    Yeah, that's essentially the unanimous take on the situation. My dislike is irrational and certainly colored by the terrible outcome. I thought his hat tip was a classy move. Certainly a far cry from Josh Hader.

I thought the fan reaction in both situations was very disappointing. Again, far moreso in Milwaukee. This kind of shit certainlyh doesn't deserve standing ovations.
    "My battery's low and it's getting dark." - Last message from NASA's Opportunity Rover, built to operate for 90 days but kept going for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Yeah, that's essentially the unanimous take on the situation. My dislike is irrational and certainly colored by the terrible outcome. I thought his hat tip was a classy move. Certainly a far cry from Josh Hader.

I thought the fan reaction in both situations was very disappointing. Again, far moreso in Milwaukee. This kind of shit certainlyh doesn't deserve standing ovations.
    Yeah, I agree about the fan reaction. I understand some element of "this is our guy and we love him and the rest of the world is out to get him", but actually going so far as a standing ovation sends the wrong message in all kinds of ways. And betrays the fact a lot of America is made up of people who could elect Donald Trump and happily put Steve Bannon and Steven Miller in the White House.
    "There was nothing for him to do under the truck, but it's tough to blame him now that he is dead." -V.Erps 3/26/2005

Holy smokes, I started reading the Amazon thread in the Hot Buttons forum, and I got about a page and a half into it before my head hurt so much I couldn't continue. A few people need to take some basic economics classes or history classes or something.

Disclosing mealy-mouthed, brainwashed "libertarians"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Holy smokes, I started reading the Amazon thread in the Hot Buttons forum, and I got about a page and a half into it before my head hurt so much I couldn't continue. A few people need to take some basic economics classes or history classes or something.

Disclosing mealy-mouthed, brainwashed "libertarians"
    My head still hurts

So did anyone ever eat the beefaroni?

Who do we like more and why: Matt Olson or Edwin Encarnacion about a round or two later?

Here's why I ask. My team through 8 rounds:

1. Arenado
    2. Sale
    3. Bryant
    4. Buehler
    5. Pham
    6. Clevinger
    7. Gordon
    8. Haniger

I'm starting to feel more concerned about 1B, despite trying to convince myself earlier that I could keep waiting. Rotolab has Encarnacion as not only the best 1B available but the best bat overall (Aaron Hicks and Ozuna are next most valuable bats). I also want to get some pitching going plus I still don't have a shortstop. Best pitching options appear to be Mikolas, Price, Morton and a variety of middling old dudes and upside guys like Castillo. Closers are also starting to fall - next best ones available are Vazquez, Hand, Doolittle.

Help VD-wan Kenobis! You're my only hope!

Well, fuck. Encarnacion just went two picks before me. I think I have to move on Olson now.