*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Holy smokes, I started reading the Amazon thread in the Hot Buttons forum, and I got about a page and a half into it before my head hurt so much I couldn't continue. A few people need to take some basic economics classes or history classes or something.

Disclosing mealy-mouthed, brainwashed "libertarians"
    My head still hurts
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• So did anyone ever eat the beefaroni?

Comment

• Who do we like more and why: Matt Olson or Edwin Encarnacion about a round or two later?
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Here's why I ask. My team through 8 rounds:

1. Arenado
          2. Sale
          3. Bryant
          4. Buehler
          5. Pham
          6. Clevinger
          7. Gordon
          8. Haniger

I'm starting to feel more concerned about 1B, despite trying to convince myself earlier that I could keep waiting. Rotolab has Encarnacion as not only the best 1B available but the best bat overall (Aaron Hicks and Ozuna are next most valuable bats). I also want to get some pitching going plus I still don't have a shortstop. Best pitching options appear to be Mikolas, Price, Morton and a variety of middling old dudes and upside guys like Castillo. Closers are also starting to fall - next best ones available are Vazquez, Hand, Doolittle.

Help VD-wan Kenobis! You're my only hope!
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Well, fuck. Encarnacion just went two picks before me. I think I have to move on Olson now.

Comment

• Finally saw Star Is Born over the weekend... good stuff all around
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Stayed up late last night because TNT was running a Supernatural Marathon... I could watch whatever I want any time on Netflix, but because it's on regular TV it seems specialer.

I did start to rewatch the episodes I recommended to you on Friday night though... Dean had me cracking up the whole time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  Holy smokes, I started reading the Amazon thread in the Hot Buttons forum, and I got about a page and a half into it before my head hurt so much I couldn't continue. A few people need to take some basic economics classes or history classes or something.

Disclosing mealy-mouthed, brainwashed "libertarians"
                  You see, subsidies are actually super libertarian because everyone competes for them equally. What, do you think private enterprise should not even be able to engage with government?

Game. Set. Match.

Nice try, libtard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    You see, subsidies are actually super libertarian because everyone competes for them equally. What, do you think private enterprise should not even be able to engage with government?

Game. Set. Match.

Nice try, libtard.
                    He was constructing an elaborate new theory on capitalism and "Pragmatic" libertarianism for the whole purpose of criticizing AOC, who ironically enough agreed with Libertarians that giving money to Amazon is ridiculous. It was pretty amazing.
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      Stayed up late last night because TNT was running a Supernatural Marathon... I could watch whatever I want any time on Netflix, but because it's on regular TV it seems specialer.

I did start to rewatch the episodes I recommended to you on Friday night though... Dean had me cracking up the whole time.
                      Have you seen the whole series yet ? I think we are in Season 10ish. I also skip a bunch of episodes.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Here's why I ask. My team through 8 rounds:

1. Arenado
                        2. Sale
                        3. Bryant
                        4. Buehler
                        5. Pham
                        6. Clevinger
                        7. Gordon
                        8. Haniger

I'm starting to feel more concerned about 1B, despite trying to convince myself earlier that I could keep waiting. Rotolab has Encarnacion as not only the best 1B available but the best bat overall (Aaron Hicks and Ozuna are next most valuable bats). I also want to get some pitching going plus I still don't have a shortstop. Best pitching options appear to be Mikolas, Price, Morton and a variety of middling old dudes and upside guys like Castillo. Closers are also starting to fall - next best ones available are Vazquez, Hand, Doolittle.

Help VD-wan Kenobis! You're my only hope!
                        What about Miggy? I got him a round and a half later than Olson in RJ mock and feel like could be due for a nice bounce back now that he's fully healthy.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Have you seen the whole series yet ? I think we are in Season 10ish. I also skip a bunch of episodes.
                          yep, I am all caught up.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            yep, I am all caught up.
                            They just unleashed the Darkness last night.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Game. Set. Match.

Nice try, libtard.
                              Oh, man, this idea that government is this monolithic, evil, inefficient actor is such a warped view of reality. Government sets the ground rules for private enterprise to operate in. Enforces contract law, awards patents, determines what constitutes anti-competitive behavior, and generally sets the framework for there to even be a "free market". The idea that an optimal free market is just a thing that naturally happens by itself is so fundamentally incorrect.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                They just unleashed the Darkness last night.
                                you should go back and watch a couple of the ones I recommended to truly appreciate how silly (in a good way) this gets.

Comment

Working...
                                X