X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I hope this doesnt lead me down tje dark path of sports bar musical drafts
    Deranged musical band lists
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      punk rock for me
      Was just listening to Operation Ivy last night for the first time in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Deranged musical band lists
        Demon men, blaring lyrics
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
          Is that sequel to operation mindcrime ?
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Damn, one of the very best of all time. Their song "Jaded" is perhaps top 10 for me.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Damn, one of the very best of all time. Their song "Jaded" is perhaps top 10 for me.
              Jesse (former frontman) sang a couple Op Ivy songs ("Sound System" and "Unity") with another band recently (edit to add: okay, three years ago, but I learned of it recently). Wish they'd turned his mic up, but very fun nonetheless. Check out his other bands, Classics of Love and Common Rider, if you haven't before.

Comment

• God, I've spent so much of my life losing my hearing in tiny punk rock places just like that one.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Experiencing Donger delay. T-minus one hour until I achieve dong-ness.

Comment

Operation Ivy Ex Story

> It's the early 2000's, going to London to see Green Day
                    > Woot!!
                    > Girlfriend is being a complete cunt that day
                    > Fuck!!
                    > Promise to myself, I'm not going to let her get under my skin and spoil my day!
                    > Awkward day of ignoring jibes and baits ensues
                    > Arrive at concert
                    > Cuntiness continues
                    > I continue to happily ignore her "cold shoulder", and even debate ditching her
                    > Conclude that It'd cause more blowback than it's worth
                    > Green Day at that time still did their DIY band routine, getting 3 kids from the audience to play a song
                    > During the routine, Ex's mood begins to shift
                    > By the end of DIY version of Knowledge by Operation Ivy, Ex is now super duper happy
                    > Thank God for Operation Ivy!
                    > Secretly say a little prayer for Bipolar disorder and enjoy remainder of concert
                    > Bipolar disorder is a hellva drug!
                    > If you ever see it, run away as fast as you can.

Comment

Experiencing Donger delay. T-minus one hour until I achieve dong-ness.
                      I hate it when my donger is delayed.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        Going to see the Lemonheads tomorrow. Was sifting through Setlist.fm, and found out they rarely play my favourite LH song :sadface:
                        Maybe they'll play this gem:

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Maybe they'll play this gem:
                          Never heard that song? What was that from?

Comment

• I know I'm supposed to like radiohead but everyone I try I fall asleep.

I really like the new vampire weekend song I heard the other day. Looks like they are in SF in October. I was hoping they would bee playing Berkley, but no such luck.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              I know I'm supposed to like radiohead but everyone I try I fall asleep.
                              You know that feeling when you're in the studio, and you're recording your masterpiece, but you have too many songs ... so you just chuck the discards or the scrapheap and forget them for 20 years

... I hate it when that happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Never heard that song? What was that from?
                                From the "Schoolhouse Rocks!" album. A bunch of artists remade the songs from the Saturday morning Schoolhouse Rock, and this one and Blind Melon's version of "Three is a Magic Number" are classics.

Comment

Working...
                                X