*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I read that a long time ago, also recommend it. There is an awesome video about climbing Eiger in Switzerland, and after watching that I read about some of the old time mountaineers who first tried to climb it. Crazy how much stuff has changed.

I've climbed a couple mountains - Long's Peak in Colorado, Mt. Olympus and Mt St. Helens in Washington. Still hope to do Mt. Rainier and some other peaks in Washington/Oregon, but I'll need to get back in shape.
    I've been watching climbing documentaries also lately. I wonder what it was that got us all hooked recently. I watch "free solo" the other day and enjoyed that one.

I've been half way up Mt. Rainier 20 years ago, but can't remember the details of why we didn't go all the way up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I've been watching climbing documentaries also lately. I wonder what it was that got us all hooked recently. I watch "free solo" the other day and enjoyed that one.

I've been half way up Mt. Rainier 20 years ago, but can't remember the details of why we didn't go all the way up.
      1.01 Didn't realize flip flops were not appropriate attire for mountain climbing
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 1.02 Worried about overflowing blue bag
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I saw occassional VD pick Steve Finley in a coffee shop yesterday. He wants to know when we're going another one of these...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Maybe it will be worse ?
            I Agree
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Stray Cat Strut is a good 80s song
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• God, I wonder who the corrupt DNC is going to convince 3.7 million extra people to vote for this time around. So unfair. If not for the DNC, we'd have some nice Marianne Williamson on tap for sure.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Reading up on Marianne Williamson is, uh, interesting. Her idea about combining the efforts of the State Department and the Defense Department in order to re-focus away from perpetual war is actually a really interesting one, though.

Comment

• 1.03 Snow allergy
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      God, I wonder who the corrupt DNC is going to convince 3.7 million extra people to vote for this time around. So unfair. If not for the DNC, we'd have some nice Marianne Williamson on tap for sure.
                      Dems mostly Biden lovers.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 1.04 Accidentally brought tampons instead of crampons
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Dreadful Mike Bloomberg likekly takes it though
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 1.05 Fear of heights

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              Reading up on Marianne Williamson is, uh, interesting. Her idea about combining the efforts of the State Department and the Defense Department in order to re-focus away from perpetual war is actually a really interesting one, though.
                              Real popular among the blob i am sure
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                1.05 Fear of heights
                                1.06 High on Farts
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X