No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't found a US state I don't like. There are some cities I don't care for, but every state I've been to has had redeeming qualities. I've only driven through Mississippi, so I can't say a lot about it one way or the other. Mostly saw a lot of trees.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      I haven't found a US state I don't like. There are some cities I don't care for, but every state I've been to has had redeeming qualities. I've only driven through Mississippi, so I can't say a lot about it one way or the other. Mostly saw a lot of trees.
      My wife had a business trip to Oxford (Mississipi) back in the mid 90s. It was pretty cool to spend a weekend there with a brief stop in Memphis.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• States that are high on my list:
        Arizona
        California
        Colorado
        Texas

Most of the rest I could take or leave. Florida would probably not be high on my list, but there are parts of it that I like.

I will say that Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky probably wouldn't be too high on my list, either, but I haven't spent extensive time in any of them other than Louisiana.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I've been a bunch of places but I've really only spent significant time in Oregon, California, Washington, New Mexico, Colorado, and Arizona.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Reddit thread where it is asked, "What is the worst US state and why?" and Mississippi is pretty much fucking unanimous, lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...state_and_why/
            Rhode Island for me, easily. There's some beautiful areas near the coast, but that's about the only redeeming part of the state. I think the people there are pissed their whole state has essentially become a suburb of Boston.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              My wife had a business trip to Oxford (Mississipi) back in the mid 90s. It was pretty cool to spend a weekend there with a brief stop in Memphis.
              My wife, who as many of you know is Indian-Ameican, and I stopped somewhere in MS on our way down to New Orleans. When we walked into the fairly crowded gas station/diner it was like the needle scratching the record then silence. It was spooky.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Rhode Island for me, easily. There's some beautiful areas near the coast, but that's about the only redeeming part of the state. I think the people there are pissed their whole state has essentially become a suburb of Boston.
                They should just merge with Connecticutt. They could still be called Rhode Island County.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Wait wtf?

I just deleted my post because I thought I was in the wrong thread. Where did Madducks come from?
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• There's another thread Werth the question "What is a super popular TV show or movie that you can't stand" and with 25k upvotes, the number 1 answer is "Mississippi! Wait, that is the answer for another thread."

#2 is bachelor/Bachelorette.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      Wait wtf?

I just deleted my post because I thought I was in the wrong thread. Where did Madducks come from?
                      Long time lurker. First time poster.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Does madducks believe longtime lurking entitles him to post here?

Comment

• No post count ?

Comment

Does madducks believe longtime lurking entitles him to post here?
                            I disagree. But only half way.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

No post count ?
                              Sorry, i forgot to switch off the stealth mode.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Disturbed, mind blown, legitimately.

Who reads more than 2 pages of Kev and slaher's our stupidity and thinks, "I really need more of this!'
                                Last edited by heyelander; 08-13-2021, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X