No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my dad is 77... that's how old his dad was when he died so my dad seriously seems to think he has months to live.

My grandfather grew up in the 20s-30s, had no healthcare, a terrible diet and smoked. My father is healthier now than I ever remember my grandfather being, and yet I can't shake him of this idea that his life is drawing to an imminent close.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      my dad is 77... that's how old his dad was when he died so my dad seriously seems to think he has months to live.

My grandfather grew up in the 20s-30s, had no healthcare, a terrible diet and smoked. My father is healthier now than I ever remember my grandfather being, and yet I can't shake him of this idea that his life is drawing to an imminent close.
      It seems like your Dad is a lot like mine .( mine is 89) Definitely the more down beat of my parents now as they get older.

I got to help out - ex Notre Dame coach Jerry Faust at the store today. He seemed to be a really up beat old person. He was looking for big wide rubber bands.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
        It seems like your Dad is a lot like mine .( mine is 89) Definitely the more down beat of my parents now as they get older.

I got to help out - ex Notre Dame coach Jerry Faust at the store today. He seemed to be a really up beat old person. He was looking for big wide rubber bands.
        that made me laugh more than it should (the second line). all these famous people are just people like us I guess. no matter how rich or famous we are we all deal with the same ending. Looking back there were times when I wished I didn't need to deal with the difficult parts of my dad's passing. But I think it is better to be there and experience that, hard as it is. sometimes I'm too philosophical, sorry.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          that made me laugh more than it should (the second line). all these famous people are just people like us I guess. no matter how rich or famous we are we all deal with the same ending. Looking back there were times when I wished I didn't need to deal with the difficult parts of my dad's passing. But I think it is better to be there and experience that, hard as it is. sometimes I'm too philosophical, sorry.
          now I'm all emotional and I'm going to listen to some Gordon Lightfoot.
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            If I could hear what you said I'm sure I would disagree. But fortunately my ears are full of wax so I didn't hear anything you typed.
            you probably can't hear Gordon Lightfoot either.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I just threw some choc chip banana bread in the oven. Drinking molten bananas = losing.
              I just made some more banana bread this week. No chocolate chips, but very moist and deloyshus. Should probably be prepping for baseball draft instead, but what the hell.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

don't try to out geek me dude.
                Believe me I won't
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

now I'm all emotional and I'm going to listen to some Gordon Lightfoot.
                  Saw Gordon live right before the pandemic...

Comment

Saw Gordon live right before the pandemic...

lol, I remember you said that. he's getting older just like everyone's dads. Hope I have a chance to see him live.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

lol, I remember you said that. he's getting older just like everyone's dads. Hope I have a chance to see him live.
                      the whole life experience of parents and kids getting older is quite a wild ride. I think I need a mid-life crisis so I can buy a motorcycle and go crazy.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

the whole life experience of parents and kids getting older is quite a wild ride. I think I need a mid-life crisis so I can buy a motorcycle and go crazy.
                        or maybe I'll just shitpoast on RJ
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I just purchased baseballauctioneer.com

Henceforth you can call me THE baseball auctioneer

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            I just purchased baseballauctioneer.com

Henceforth you can call me THE baseball auctioneer
                            Congrats

I just got my first covid shot next one is the 20 th.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                              Congrats

I just got my first covid shot next one is the 20 th.
                              The baseball auctioneer is getting his 1st tomorrow.

Comment

• i think chance and gith are carrying on some illicit affair via RJ PMs. I don't message my wife as much as he seems to want to message you.

Comment

Working...
                                X