Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I have two recurring dreams

1) it is the week of finals and I've forgotten to attend class at all, or write a paper or study for the final....sometimes all three
    2) I am chomping on my teeth and one starts to wiggle...before you know it I pull out a tooth or two, or three

Neither one of them is great fun, but it is a relief to wake up and just have my normal life.
    I use to get the first... often at some point I would also discover that I was naked in school. I knew I had clothes in an old locker that I rarely used, but I could never remember the combination.
    About 10 years ago that dream was replaced with a dream where I was supposed to be scuba diving, but I had forgotten some important piece of equipment and I needed to find a store that I could rent it from.
    Now recently, I've been having another and I wonder if it's a replacement for these. In the recent one, my ex-wife has shown back up and has decided we need to be together again. Somehow I'm stuck back in this relationship and I can't understand how it has happened. I wonder what happened with her new husband, why she left him, how I'm stuck in this again, how unfair it all is to RJEL wife. It's really disconcerting.

I have the tooth one on rare occasions.
    I also have one where I'm in a car and no matter what I do I can't get it to stop moving. I apply the breaks, the emergency brake, turn it off, and it still keep creeping forward and I can't leave it or else it will crash into something. Maybe that's what the ex-wife one is replacing.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      I use to get the first... often at some point I would also discover that I was naked in school. I knew I had clothes in an old locker that I rarely used, but I could never remember the combination.
      About 10 years ago that dream was replaced with a dream where I was supposed to be scuba diving, but I had forgotten some important piece of equipment and I needed to find a store that I could rent it from.
      Now recently, I've been having another and I wonder if it's a replacement for these. In the recent one, my ex-wife has shown back up and has decided we need to be together again. Somehow I'm stuck back in this relationship and I can't understand how it has happened. I wonder what happened with her new husband, why she left him, how I'm stuck in this again, how unfair it all is to RJEL wife. It's really disconcerting.

I have the tooth one on rare occasions.
      I also have one where I'm in a car and no matter what I do I can't get it to stop moving. I apply the breaks, the emergency brake, turn it off, and it still keep creeping forward and I can't leave it or else it will crash into something. Maybe that's what the ex-wife one is replacing.
      i forgot the third one. this is kind of recent. I am sitting on the throne taking a dump in the middle of the office. People walk by and I try to cover myself with a jacket or something. and after I am done people are walking around and I'm trying to figure out how to be sly and get the paperwork done while no one notices. it never works out surprisingly....it is incredibly stressful
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

i forgot the third one. this is kind of recent. I am sitting on the throne taking a dump in the middle of the office. People walk by and I try to cover myself with a jacket or something. and after I am done people are walking around and I'm trying to figure out how to be sly and get the paperwork done while no one notices. it never works out surprisingly....it is incredibly stressful
        oh wait, that wasn't a dream
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Team Bene Jacobs through six:

Bieber
          Machado
          Ozuna
          Jose Abreu
          Hiura
          Sonny Gray

Targeted Berrios but barely missed out on him by one pick. Looking at a faller for round seven (maybe Karinchak?) and then Semien and Laureano afterwards. Controller J is doing numbers and shit and I’m providing loud, unsourced opinion as usual.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Talk about scathing, I don't think before the events of the past year that I would have believed I would read something like this in a major Texas newspaper:

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...f-16026663.php
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Team Bene Jacobs through six:

Bieber
              Machado
              Ozuna
              Jose Abreu
              Hiura
              Sonny Gray

Targeted Berrios but barely missed out on him by one pick. Looking at a faller for round seven (maybe Karinchak?) and then Semien and Laureano afterwards. Controller J is doing numbers and shit and I’m providing loud, unsourced opinion as usual.
              Ended up picking Zach Flea Sack in the 7th. Not the biggest flea sack fan around but he was a faller and we are trying to target pitchers in weak divisions with presumably good schedules.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• My new puppy has mange. She might be a Flea Sack.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• We will draft her in the 8th

Comment

We will draft her in the 8th
                    She is in a weak division. Can't say much for her schedule, though. Gets up way too early.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      Talk about scathing, I don't think before the events of the past year that I would have believed I would read something like this in a major Texas newspaper:

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...f-16026663.php
                      The Wilt Chamberlain of no-knock search warrants
                      there's a straight line in my brain between wilt and sex with 10k women. which makes no-knock search warrents a completely inappropriate metaphorical action.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Team Bene Jacobs through six:

Bieber
                        Machado
                        Ozuna
                        Jose Abreu
                        Hiura
                        Sonny Gray

Added Zach Flea Sack in the 7th, Marcus Semien in the 8th, and Will Myers in the 9th. We were targeting Laureano but then he got some mystery oblique injury like 10 minutes before out pick so we backed out (turns out he's fine....oh well). We are looking at grabbing Alex Verdugo with the next pick to get a little pick me up in BA plus some decent counting stats.

Comment

• Little pick-me-ups are always nice.

Comment

2.05 Useful Ignoramus
                            You called ?

Comment

• Why did Ron Artest leave early?

He wanted to beat the crowd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                You called ?
                                sorry, wrong number.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X