*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    sitting in my parents house listening to Gordon Lightfoot. A Papa Slasher fave.
    Saw him in concert just before the pandemic! Jen got us tickets for Christmas (she was really searching for things to get us out of the house).

He did a medley of Sundown with a couple of other songs... did like 30 seconds of it. Seemed like an odd choice.

I think we were the youngest people there. My favorite part of the show (aside from getting out of the house with Jen) was when the guy next to her asked her if this was the first time we were seeing him live, and when she said yes, he replied "well lady, you are in for a treat!"

For a guy who 81 at the time, he rocked like he was at most 79 years old.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Thanks ! I really do appreciate it. She seems to be transitioning really smoothly. It would probably be harder if she were more aware of everything. I wish the best for your mom. It's a tough part in life when we watch our parents get older. For me it is a real reminder of my own mortality. It's difficult, but in some ways a good thing I suppose.
      not the usual mom talk we get in VD threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        not the usual mom talk we get in VD threads.
        I'm coming up on the 20 year anniversary of my mom dying in April. Can't believe it's been 20 years! Cherish the time you have guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Saw him in concert just before the pandemic! Jen got us tickets for Christmas (she was really searching for things to get us out of the house).

He did a medley of Sundown with a couple of other songs... did like 30 seconds of it. Seemed like an odd choice.

I think we were the youngest people there. My favorite part of the show (aside from getting out of the house with Jen) was when the guy next to her asked her if this was the first time we were seeing him live, and when she said yes, he replied "well lady, you are in for a treat!"

For a guy who 81 at the time, he rocked like he was at most 79 years old.
          Positive VAROR
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Positive VAROR
            Value Above Replacement Octogenarian Rocker
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Value Above Replacement Octogenarian Rocker
              Who is replacement level?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Who is replacement level?
                Even without Entwhistle and Moon they are still well above replacement level.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  I'm coming up on the 20 year anniversary of my mom dying in April. Can't believe it's been 20 years! Cherish the time you have guys.
                  I lucky to still have both my parents but it been a rough 6 month for my Dad. He suffers from AFib also and even tho he usually goes to theCleveland clinic sometimes has to go to the local hospital. About 4 months back he did this to get his heart shocked back into rhythm and for some stupid reason the local DR took him off his heart Med the Clinic Dr had put him on and put him on something else. 2 weeks later he started puking after every meal. First tested him for covid, then they found a mass on his pancreas then thought it was a bad gallbladder. So we went from thinking he had cancer ( thankfully no) to having Weak sick ( lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks) 89 year old facing surgery and all that entails. Luckily the gallbladder Dr who was reluctant to do the surgery said their were to many signs it wasn’t the issue. We regrouped and thought when did this all START to happen. I Remembered the day he had the Covid test because it was just outside the town I lived in so I met them for breakfast. We lasted 2 min and I had to take him outside to puke. That is what rang the bell of just a little of a week before the shocking and the changes in Meds. His real heart Dr took him off the different meds and that took care of the issue. We were sure it was the end for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                    I lucky to still have both my parents but it been a rough 6 month for my Dad. He suffers from AFib also and even tho he usually goes to theCleveland clinic sometimes has to go to the local hospital. About 4 months back he did this to get his heart shocked back into rhythm and for some stupid reason the local DR took him off his heart Med the Clinic Dr had put him on and put him on something else. 2 weeks later he started puking after every meal. First tested him for covid, then they found a mass on his pancreas then thought it was a bad gallbladder. So we went from thinking he had cancer ( thankfully no) to having Weak sick ( lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks) 89 year old facing surgery and all that entails. Luckily the gallbladder Dr who was reluctant to do the surgery said their were to many signs it wasn’t the issue. We regrouped and thought when did this all START to happen. I Remembered the day he had the Covid test because it was just outside the town I lived in so I met them for breakfast. We lasted 2 min and I had to take him outside to puke. That is what rang the bell of just a little of a week before the shocking and the changes in Meds. His real heart Dr took him off the different meds and that took care of the issue. We were sure it was the end for him.
                    Wow, what a rough time. Glad he is doing better
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                      Cripes... Glad this has a happy ending.

Comment

• Uh, no.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• That's more like it.
                          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            That's more like it.
                            I feel like I’m missing half the post

Comment

• Seitzer loves big bears.
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                              X