*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
    I knew your disagree schtick would eventually come back to bite you on the ass.
    I honestly was trying to clarify why the timer may have stopped. Being helpful for a change. And what did it get me?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Alzheimer's is my greatest fear, I'm sorry to hear (about your mom).
      In the "dark humor that I probably shouldn't admit" department I really wish you had posted this a few times in a row.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        In the "dark humor that I probably shouldn't admit" department I really wish you had posted this a few times in a row.
        This actually gave me a good laugh.
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Alzheimer's is my greatest fear, I'm sorry to hear (about your mom).
          After watching my grandfather, both my parents insist they are offing themselves at the first sign. My mom says they have the pills ready already. They have tried to get me to promise that if they overshoot their window and can't make the choice to do it themselves, I need to make sure it's done. Not sure I'm strong enough for that. It's a shitty thing to put on me. My mom will tell anyone she talks to that she's killing herself first chance she gets. She's pretty pleased with herself for it too.

Jen and I joked that taking my medical decisions away from my parents was probably the best reason for us to get married, "wayne stubbed his toe?!? What kind of life will he be able to live? He wouldn't want to live like that!"
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            After watching my grandfather, both my parents insist they are offing themselves at the first sign. My mom says they have the pills ready already. They have tried to get me to promise that if they overshoot their window and can't make the choice to do it themselves, I need to make sure it's done. Not sure I'm strong enough for that. It's a shitty thing to put on me. My mom will tell anyone she talks to that she's killing herself first chance she gets. She's pretty pleased with herself for it too.

Jen and I joked that taking my medical decisions away from my parents was probably the best reason for us to get married, "wayne stubbed his toe?!? What kind of life will he be able to live? He wouldn't want to live like that!"
            watching your parents get old and die, or be afflicted with dementia sure makes you think about this stuff.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              watching your parents get old and die, or be afflicted with dementia sure makes you think about this stuff.
              It's probably hard to take my comments seriously when you see them with a tween bear holding his underwear. But I know you guys are capable.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• My brother-in-law has Huntington's which is kind of a combo of Alzheimer's and ALS. It's fucking horrific and the suicide rate among those who have it is insanely high. His father killed himself many years ago by jumping off a bridge. My BIL's mother, who is a psychiatrist no less, made the repugnant decision not to inform him until a couple years ago that he has it as well. The likelihood of passing it on to one's children is 50%. He has two kids. Last year he jumped off the same exact bridge as his father, but there were witnesses and he was rescued. Just an awful situation, and my poor nephew (17) and niece (15) have a coin flip's chance of suffering from the same disease.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

My brother-in-law has Huntington's which is kind of a combo of Alzheimer's and ALS. It's fucking horrific and the suicide rate among those who have it is insanely high. His father killed himself many years ago by jumping off a bridge. My BIL's mother, who is a psychiatrist no less, made the repugnant decision not to inform him until a couple years ago that he has it as well. The likelihood of passing it on to one's children is 50%. He has two kids. Last year he jumped off the same exact bridge as his father, but there were witnesses and he was rescued. Just an awful situation, and my poor nephew (17) and niece (15) have a coin flip's chance of suffering from the same disease.
                  that is just awful. good health is truly priceless and not appreciated enough
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    IBut I know you guys are capable.
                    I disagree.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      I disagree.
                      with the iButt?

Comment

with the iButt?
                        How did that happen? Well, it's fitting, so I'll leave it.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          How did that happen? Well, it's fitting, so I'll leave it.
                          I dont know if there's iButt technology out there but if there is I'm going to say it's a hard pass for me.

Comment

I dont know if there's iButt technology out there but if there is I'm going to say it's a hard pass for me.
                            iButt for the grace of God...?

Comment

I guess u are waiting for the jButt ?
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• thought this was worth memorializing in the bedrock thread of RJ

Originally posted by Bene
                                Fools leading fools surrounded by fools who fool other fools into believing their foolery.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X