• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I quit posting in the political forums, I think
    this checks out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Deaths yesterday were the lowest they've been in two weeks. I'm sure that's a true indicator of the trend.
      It's great news. The virus is going to disappear ! Just like Trump told us
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by the feral slasher View Post
        it's great news. The virus is going to disappear ! Just like trump told us
        stop counting

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Originally posted by Ken View Post
          stop counting
          If I hadn't stopped counting....
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

If I hadn't stopped counting....
            Test....
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Test....
              Quiz....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Quiz....
                -n-berry
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

-n-berry
                  sounds like an annoying breakfast cereal.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    sounds like an annoying breakfast cereal.
                    Count Chocula was the annoying one
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

-n-berry
                      1.02 Twig

Comment

• John Kruk, is that you?
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Watching pac12 network. Greatest California (university) football players. Marshawn was about 10, Aaron Rodgers 4, Chuck Muncie 2.....number 1 was Jackie Jensen. Never new he was a football player
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Watching pac12 network. Greatest California (university) football players. Marshawn was about 10, Aaron Rodgers 4, Chuck Muncie 2.....number 1 was Jackie Jensen. Never new he was a football player

Jensen was born in San Francisco, California. His parents divorced when he was five, and he was raised by his mother, who frequently moved the family. After serving in the Navy toward the end of World War II, he became an All-American in two sports at the University of California. As a baseball pitcher and outfielder, he helped California to win the inaugural College World Series in 1947. He pitched Cal to victory in the regional final by outdueling Bobby Layne of Texas, and in the championship Cal defeated a Yale team featuring future President George Bush. As a football halfback, Jensen was a consensus All-American as a junior in 1948, becoming the first Cal player to rush for 1,000 yards. In the season-ending 7–6 victory over Stanford he ran for 170 yards, kicked a punt for 67 yards, and had a 32-yard run late in the game in a 4th-and-31 situation. Cal ended the regular season at 10–0 under coach Pappy Waldorf, winning a share of its first Pacific Coast Conference title in ten years, and Jensen placed fourth in the Heisman Trophy voting, with Doak Walker taking the award. In the 1949 Rose Bowl, Jensen scored a touchdown in the first quarter to tie the game 7–7, but fourth-ranked Cal was upset 20–14 by seventh-ranked Northwestern.
                            Jensen announced his retirement from baseball in January 1960, primarily because of an intense fear of flying but also the result of the long separations from his family. He stated, "I have only one life to live, and I'll be happier when I can spend it with my family. Being away from home with a baseball team for seven months a year doesn't represent the kind of life I want or the kind of life my wife and children want." Indeed, upon his trade to the Red Sox in 1953 he considered not reporting to the team in order to return to his family in California, but general manager Joe Cronin increased his salary by $1,000 and he agreed to play. As teams had increasingly turned to air travel in the 1950s, he had unsuccessfully sought to combat his aversion to flying, aided considerably by Red Sox owner Tom Yawkey, who arranged for therapy treatments. Once major-league baseball expanded to the West Coast in 1958, and with further expansion and constant air travel foreseen, these difficulties became virtually insurmountable.
                            Jensen returned to play for Boston in 1961, but turned to hypnotherapy when his panic attacks at airports became unbearable. Frustrated by a sub-par season (.263, 66 RBIs), he retired again for good. In an 11-season career, Jensen was a .279 hitter with 199 home runs and 929 RBIs in 1,438 games. He also collected 810 runs, 1,463 hits, 259 doubles, 45 triples, 143 stolen bases, and 750 walks for a .369 on-base percentage and .460 slugging percentage. He finished his career with a .977 fielding percentage playing at all three outfield positions.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I should just put him on ignore and move on. What a waste of time
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Yeah, I just deleted a post I was going to make. It's not worth it. He moves the goalposts (disproving the 2000 deaths per day predicted for this week to showing that it didn't happen last week) and presumes to know what the reports today and tomorrow will be and how they have already proved him right even though we haven't seen those reports. Sigh.
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X