X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I wish my battery was half full
    The Amish don't believe in batteries.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I can think of worse places to be stuck than a college dorm
      I was stuck in the great blizzard in the 70’s in a college dorm of1000 guys. No electricity- no running water which meant no flushing toilets or showers. Lots of Euchre tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
        I was stuck in the great blizzard in the 70’s in a college dorm of1000 guys. No electricity- no running water which meant no flushing toilets or showers. Lots of Euchre tho.
        "Euchre"
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

That would have been nasty. We had a major electrical outage when I was in the dorms, but water was running. I was brought up playing Sheephead, but learned Euchre in college. Played a ton of Cribbage during my college days, too.

Oh, and there was the ten guys playing the non-card game of Assassin during the power outage that I'm eternally grateful that the Statute of Limitations has expired on all the crimes we committed during that time.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            That would have been nasty. We had a major electrical outage when I was in the dorms, but water was running. I was brought up playing Sheephead, but learned Euchre in college. Played a ton of Cribbage during my college days, too.

Oh, and there was the ten guys playing the non-card game of Assassin during the power outage that I'm eternally grateful that the Statute of Limitations has expired on all the crimes we committed during that time.
            I played a ton of cribbage in college also, plus backgammon, we had a horseshoe pit and a great Wiffle ball field. Beer was required during all these games

Comment

I played a ton of cribbage in college also, plus backgammon, we had a horseshoe pit and a great Wiffle ball field. Beer was required during all these games
              That sounds awesome. I love wiffle ball, croquet, horeshoes and card games. And beer.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Our campus was a bit paranoid about drunken males throwing chunks of metal around, so no horseshoe pits on our campus. But beer...oh, yeah. I went to school at a place where a minibrew operation survived through the 70s and 80s. Only time I wouldn't drink beer during gaming time was if I was in a tournament. Then it was Mountain Dew, my version of the Juice of Sapho.

Comment

• [QUOTE=chancellor;390210]Our campus was a bit paranoid about drunken males throwing chunks of metal around, so no horseshoe pits on our campus. But beer...oh, yeah. I went to school at a place where a minibrew operation survived through the 70s and 80s. Only time I wouldn't drink beer during gaming time was if I was in a tournament. Then it was Mountain Dew, my version of the Juice of Sapho.[/QUOTEp]
                  The horseshoe pit and wiffle ball field was off campus the 4 of us lived in a house just off campus. We also had the local dive bar next to us with a great shuffle board game in it. Friday night specials - shot of schnapps with a little king chaser for a buck. Winners stayed on and loser bought. Me and my roommate were pretty good so most Friday nights required the girlfriend to pick us up. Even tho we lived a block away- as she always reminded us
                  Last edited by hacko; 11-05-2020, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Santorum and the NY Post have both had enough of him
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I wasn't going to post in the political threads, but couldn't help myself. For the record I filled in three ballots for Joe Biden this year, so I can't be that bad.
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• You were called sharp Talons- so you got that going for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          I wasn't going to post in the political threads, but couldn't help myself. For the record I filled in three ballots for Joe Biden this year, so I can't be that bad.
                          I doubt that's even fraud in Illinois; well, at least Cook County.

Comment

• the four seasons event was comedy gold, and this captures it perfectly:
                            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                                the four seasons event was comedy gold, and this captures it perfectly:
                                https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1699962.html
                                That was pretty funny
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X