*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I slept just fine last night, but this morning I have anxious dread. I understand that life goes on no matter who is president, but I still feel worried.
    I am anxious, but not too much. Maybe what bothers me more is that even if Biden wins our country is divided in two with alternate versions of reality. And that isn't changing.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      I am anxious, but not too much. Maybe what bothers me more is that even if Biden wins our country is divided in two with alternate versions of reality. And that isn't changing.
      I completely agree. I don't know if I expect anything to get better under Biden. I assume/hope that the federal civil service will improve in functionality, but I don't think the political discourse in our country is going to take a sudden upturn.

Under a second term of Trump, I fear the worst. Give an authoritarian narcissist no constraints and see what happens.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• This plane is currently circling Philadelphia with a banner that says "TRUMP <3'S JERRY JONES & THE COWBOYS"
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          https://twitter.com/_travishughes/st...72054621753345

This plane is currently circling Philadelphia with a banner that says "TRUMP <3'S JERRY JONES & THE COWBOYS"
          Genius move.

Comment

They have 445 posts in the last month, we have 265.
            Since this post, there have been 33 posts for them and 92 posts for us.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I will grant that we will probably fall behind their pace tonight as results start to come in, but nice to know that we have a bit of a lead to work with.

Comment

• I hear today is election today, btw.

Comment

• Not for our Canadian members, of course.

Comment

• Or for the guy who ran Feral off the sidewalk in Quebec City. They probably don't even allow him to vote.

Comment

• Or johnny… I wonder if he and Eld will make reappearances if everything works out okay.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I was hoping for some positive rep for my proper use of tenterhooks. you all failed me.

Comment

• i wanted to send that mudcat grant clip to Squid, but I am only connected to him through linkedin… and it doesn't seem like a linkedin kinda thing.

If seadog pops in again, maybe I can have him forward it to squids mom for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            i wanted to send that mudcat grant clip to Squid, but I am only connected to him through linkedin… and it doesn't seem like a linkedin kinda thing.

If seadog pops in again, maybe I can have him forward it to squids mom for me.
                            she's probably had more dinners with Mudcat grant than squid has... although, she's not one to kiss and then not tell.

Comment

• if trump loses, can Revo please change the name to the President trump thread to Ex-President Trump thread?

Comment

Or for the guy who ran Feral off the sidewalk in Quebec City. They probably don't even allow him to vote.
                                He only committed a misdemeanor IMHO, time served staggering on the sidewalk is adequate punishment.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X