*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I use PowerPoint a lot more than calculus as an "engineer". I probably took a wrong turn somewhere
    I saw an XKCD the other day that I wanted to post... couldn't find it, but read about 200 others.

Good thing I'm not billing by the hour anymore. I would never recover.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      I prefer right hand turns. When you turn left you often have to deal with oncoming traffic. Especially on the highway.

johnny wouldn't understand.
      I've made more U-Turns in my first year of living in California than I did in my first 30+ years of driving back east.

You should move to NJ... no left turns, just jug handles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        One good development--I had a colleague with the Astros who hounded me for several years to learn R. I finally took the leap about 3 years ago, and it's one of my best decisions. It has reduced my usage of Excel dramatically. I still need it on occasion for data entry, but for data manipulation and analysis--quoth the raven, "Nevermore."
        sigh... this is what I should be doing right now. It's so frustrating to not have SAS and I need to skill up in R fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          sigh... this is what I should be doing right now. It's so frustrating to not have SAS and I need to skill up in R fast.
          The amount of stuff available in R can be intimidating but I found it most helpful to focus first just on dplyr (data manipulation, can do a lot of things similar to what you can do in SQL) and ggplot (for data visualization).
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Ken - Kindly clear your PMs.

Comment

• it was your elaborate use of nest quotes... I'm sure it was elegant, but just looking at it was like... whaaaaa!??!

Comment

Ken - Kindly restock your light Caeser.
                fixed
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

it was your elaborate use of nest quotes... I'm sure it was elegant, but just looking at it was like... whaaaaa!??!
                  Had to clean up the mess - Gregg had tried to reply in red and it didn't work, he was missing some brackets, so I just nested everything.

Comment

it was your elaborate use of nest quotes... I'm sure it was elegant, but just looking at it was like... whaaaaa!??!
                    Unsuccessful Elegance?
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Unsuccessful Elegance?
                      Unsure, elaborate

Comment

• Umami essence
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• oooooh....mommy!

Comment

oooooh....mommy!
                            Oedipus starts with an O, not a U.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Oedipus starts with an O, not a U.
                              I went to OU.

Comment

• the Phillies at one point will have 33 games in 30 days

Comment

Working...
                                X