Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I was trying to think of an R2D2 joke here. Luckily I spared u
    These aren't the jokes you are looking for....
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Sour Kens for the wins!
      I read Bernie as Bene, and while he may be out on the extreme left, I don't find him overly insufferable.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I was talking to my mom a few days ago and asking her about epidemics she had experienced. She said she didn't really remember any, but she knew people who were disabled because of polio, and she and her two brothers had all each had measles, rubella, and whooping cough growing up. And she said she also had roseola and that she remembered that their family had been quarantined while she was sick with that.

I like living in the age of vaccines, personally.
        but all the autism!

Comment

I cut off my nose once.
          and it's barely noticeable... barely

Comment

That doesn't sound fun, hope she feels better soon
            she was more annoyed at the inconvenience of having to shower and shave her legs (for a sinus infection) and then being turned away... I'm like... SHOULDN'T YOU BE GETTING A TEST!?!?

Comment

I actually took him off ignore today
              has he been posting any before this? I haven't seen anything from him, but I'm pretty sure I've never put anyone on ignore.

Comment

I also quit washing my hands and wearing a mask. Went out to the bar. I am loving the freedom
                Saw an AskReddit question yesterday that went something like "People who are against wearing masks... what is you opinion on pants?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  I started trying to track down some of those legendary thingamabobbers that you can wear to get bonus stats and such. That's a pretty decent way to spend one's time on RDR2. I also have a specific save where I try and rack up the biggest bounty I can, then escape, then wait for massive groups of bounty hunters to show up. I swear I shot 50 of those dudes in one go recently.
                  I've killed most of those... I pay off my bounties immediately. I hate getting killed by bounty hunters and losing the pelts off my horses.

Comment

• 8 posts in a row... suck it ken.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Um...is this sarcasm or are you serious?
                      Kev's just a shill for the man.

Comment

• 10 in a row!

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          I've killed most of those... I pay off my bounties immediately. I hate getting killed by bounty hunters and losing the pelts off my horses.
                          Do you still play WoW?
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            Do you still play WoW?
                            I was playing with ghuda when Classic came out, but I'm a few expansions behind on the full game. I hadn't played in a couple of years

Comment

Why in the world would someone go into free agency having played a handful of games and taken the rest of the season off? I mean, I guess someone could but that seems like a strange decision to me. I begrudge no one doing what they feel they need to do to take care of their family and their health, so I don't mean it that way. I hate that so many people are put in the position of choosing between health and economic livelihood.
                              As my favorite blogger says, I like to embrace the power of "and". The players can get free agency, minimize their risk of getting this virus, keep their families safe, AND stick it to the man all at the same time. Especially since some of "the man" went out of their way to stick it to them. Moreover, I doubt any of their future contracts will be very much materially impacted by leaving early, while if they were the rare case that was severely affected by COVID, their contracts may well be very materially impacted.

Using the Kris Bryant example directly, he'll give up a significant chunk of change to do so - about $7 mil, if my ratio is correct. But if he determines that's worth it to protect himself and his family, he'll get the added pleasure of sticking it to Cubs ownership after one game. And the status of COVID will be a far greater determinant in his next contract size than how many games he played this year.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                As my favorite blogger says, I like to embrace the power of "and". The players can get free agency, minimize their risk of getting this virus, keep their families safe, AND stick it to the man all at the same time. Especially since some of "the man" went out of their way to stick it to them. Moreover, I doubt any of their future contracts will be very much materially impacted by leaving early, while if they were the rare case that was severely affected by COVID, their contracts may well be very materially impacted.

Using the Kris Bryant example directly, he'll give up a significant chunk of change to do so - about $7 mil, if my ratio is correct. But if he determines that's worth it to protect himself and his family, he'll get the added pleasure of sticking it to Cubs ownership after one game. And the status of COVID will be a far greater determinant in his next contract size than how many games he played this year.
                                It funny to think about the Kris Bryant example, but in reality this isn't going to happen. In truth players have a chance to manipulate service time every year and it's never happened. I understand the additional risks this year, but I don't think you get to play both sides of that - if the player wants to keep their family safe and they are truly concerned, then they don't play the first few games either.

Comment

Working...
                                X