*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Um...is this sarcasm or are you serious?
    Why in the world would someone go into free agency having played a handful of games and taken the rest of the season off? I mean, I guess someone could but that seems like a strange decision to me. I begrudge no one doing what they feel they need to do to take care of their family and their health, so I don't mean it that way. I hate that so many people are put in the position of choosing between health and economic livelihood.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I think what I really find outlandish is the idea that players would do that in order to gleefully "stick it to the man." Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. If someone is doing that because they are concerned about the health of their family, that's a different matter.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Oh goody, JJ posted in the Atlanta Braves thread. I'm so eager to go find out what.
        I actually took him off ignore today
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Sour Kens for the wins!
          Sourkens have been quiet lately
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think what I really find outlandish is the idea that players would do that in order to gleefully "stick it to the man." Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. If someone is doing that because they are concerned about the health of their family, that's a different matter.
            I cut off my nose once.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              speaking of...

RJEL Girl has a sinus infection... has had it for about 2 weeks. She went to urgent care a couple of weekends ago and got antibiotics. It looked like it was clearing up, but apparently didn't. She's looking worse again now. She gets an appointment with her primary care physician today, is driving there when they call her and ask if she's taken their pre-screening. First she's heard of it. Takes it online, says no to most everything and they still tell her they are concerned she might have covid and to not come in. They will give her a zoom exam. She asks them is she should get a test for covid, they say no, she probably doesn't have it, and tests take up to 2 weeks, so don't bother, but they don't want her to come in just in case. So she has her zoom exam, they prescribe some new antibiotic and … we shall see.

Best testing ever.
              That doesn't sound fun, hope she feels better soon
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                I cut off my nose once.
                Loss of the sense of smell is a symptom of COVID.

Comment

I actually took him off ignore today
                  Congratulations.

Comment

Congratulations.
                    I also quit washing my hands and wearing a mask. Went out to the bar. I am loving the freedom
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I also quit washing my hands and wearing a mask. Went out to the bar. I am loving the freedom
                      What is life if you don't live a little?

Comment

I cut off my nose once.
                        I hope your face felt spote.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• People around here are doing pretty damn well with the masks and it never was really that bad --- but our cases are starting to rise, too. Texas and Arizona are not so good neighbors right about now.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            I hope your face felt spote.
                            I can't remember....it just really hurt
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              been playing a lot of Red Dead Redemption 2 these days. I've been frustrated with Rockstar games in the past because I thought there were too many side quests going on and I couldn't get to everything, or ever back to the main story-line. This has gone the opposite way, it's slow and I was bored early on. Lots of time just riding your horse around. But it's pretty immersive and now I'm enjoying the slower pace. There's lots to do, just rarely a ton that you NEED to be doing. It probably hurts too much that I'm a nice guy and can't bring myself to rob random strangers or collect debts or what not but my character will begrudgingly say the nice dialogue when I tell him to. And there are enough assholes that need killing in the game to keep me from going full-on care-bear.

Pretty happy with it right now.
                              I started trying to track down some of those legendary thingamabobbers that you can wear to get bonus stats and such. That's a pretty decent way to spend one's time on RDR2. I also have a specific save where I try and rack up the biggest bounty I can, then escape, then wait for massive groups of bounty hunters to show up. I swear I shot 50 of those dudes in one go recently.

Comment

• I was trying to think of an R2D2 joke here. Luckily I spared u
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X