*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Are pubs and the like open? Large gatherings?
    Pubs yeah ... basically everything is allowed to open ... but no large gatherings etc ... and social distance measurements in place. But of course, people in bars don't pay any heed to that. A couple of drinks and it'll be "coronawhat?"

Pubs actually have to serve food to be allowed to open, so many of them just brought in vending machines, serve sandwiches or something equally loopholey.

Just waiting for round 2, and of course, we aren't testing, so we will find out weeks after the problem strikes.

Comment

Are pubs and the like open? Large gatherings?
      Craving some freedom ?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Craving some freedom ?
        thought I might pop over.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

thought I might pop over.
          Don't do it....we have the most tests, the best tests....some say our tests, here in America are the greatest tests ever made. Our testing dwarfs (sic) other countries. We are the greatest testers ever... Now stop testing so we can pretend covid doesnt exist
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Don't do it....we have the most tests, the best tests....some say our tests, here in America are the greatest tests ever made. Our testing dwarfs (sic) other countries. We are the greatest testers ever... Now stop testing so we can pretend covid doesnt exist
            I was always really good at test taking.

Comment

• speaking of...

RJEL Girl has a sinus infection... has had it for about 2 weeks. She went to urgent care a couple of weekends ago and got antibiotics. It looked like it was clearing up, but apparently didn't. She's looking worse again now. She gets an appointment with her primary care physician today, is driving there when they call her and ask if she's taken their pre-screening. First she's heard of it. Takes it online, says no to most everything and they still tell her they are concerned she might have covid and to not come in. They will give her a zoom exam. She asks them is she should get a test for covid, they say no, she probably doesn't have it, and tests take up to 2 weeks, so don't bother, but they don't want her to come in just in case. So she has her zoom exam, they prescribe some new antibiotic and … we shall see.

Best testing ever.

Comment

• I want a testing dwarf. Can I get my own testing dwarf?
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

speaking of...

RJEL Girl has a sinus infection... has had it for about 2 weeks. She went to urgent care a couple of weekends ago and got antibiotics. It looked like it was clearing up, but apparently didn't. She's looking worse again now. She gets an appointment with her primary care physician today, is driving there when they call her and ask if she's taken their pre-screening. First she's heard of it. Takes it online, says no to most everything and they still tell her they are concerned she might have covid and to not come in. They will give her a zoom exam. She asks them is she should get a test for covid, they say no, she probably doesn't have it, and tests take up to 2 weeks, so don't bother, but they don't want her to come in just in case. So she has her zoom exam, they prescribe some new antibiotic and … we shall see.

Best testing ever.
                  Ugh. Sorry to hear that.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Oh goody, JJ posted in the Atlanta Braves thread. I'm so eager to go find out what.

Comment

• Players are not going to play a handful of games in order to achieve six years of service and free agency and then go home for the rest of the season. That's ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                        I had some sort of respiratory illness/infection last week, but I guess it was not the 'rona.
                        I took an antibody test today and confirmed I did not have COVID. But my son has antibodies to COVID, so presumably he had it. He had been exposed to someone who had tested positive, and then lost his sense of taste and smell for a few days, so we thought he might have had it. Otherwise no symptoms.

I feel a little bad taking advantage of my connections to get tests and results when heyelander's gf is getting the run around. I wish everyone had access to everything they needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          I think the supporters on the extreme ends of any political party are similarly insufferable. Bernie is on the extreme left, so he attracts that type.
                          Sour Kens for the wins!

Comment

• I am left wondering how I got sick when we were quarantined. My wife's theory is that I had allergies to the Saharan dust cloud, and that that turned into bronchitis. It's as good a theory as any.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              Players are not going to play a handful of games in order to achieve six years of service and free agency and then go home for the rest of the season. That's ridiculous.
                              Um...is this sarcasm or are you serious?
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I was talking to my mom a few days ago and asking her about epidemics she had experienced. She said she didn't really remember any, but she knew people who were disabled because of polio, and she and her two brothers had all each had measles, rubella, and whooping cough growing up. And she said she also had roseola and that she remembered that their family had been quarantined while she was sick with that.

I like living in the age of vaccines, personally.

Comment

Working...
                                X