No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the spreadsheet. I haven't parsed out any particular decade. Many of the newer players are missing decade information.

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      I seem to be missing some BY's fro the newer players. Just 2010's would be good.
      when I was looking at Hamels for my last pick, there were a couple of BYs in the spreadsheet, but I felt like there were 2 that were better that weren't in there.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

fwiw Javier Vazquez best year is 2009 and that wasn't in the SS, so maybe there either needs to be a general pass or we should just put all the years in.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Just founded the religion of Poguism in my Civ VI game...

founded on the beliefs of Work Ethic and Cross-culture dialogue...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
            Just founded the religion of Poguism in my Civ VI game...

founded on the beliefs of Work Ethic and Cross-culture dialogue...
            Was thinking of streaming Civ 6 again, with the new DLC coming out soon. But I always end up disappointed. It's so slow and ponderous. I wish they'd just finish with the game and let the modding community build a proper game out of it.

Civ 6 had a lot of good ideas, but the implementation is sketchy, and the gameplay experience is terribly lacking. The AI sucks. Warfare is terrible after the early game.

Just finish with the game so we can fix your shit Firaxsis.

Comment

- KO's are not included in VD13
              - The Draft order will not be fixed (reversed)

Added a poll for Feral suggestion that the top 3 finishers get demoted in the draft order in the following draft.

I imagine that will be the last poll.
              Last edited by johnnya24; 01-02-2019, 03:57 PM.

Comment

- KO's are included in VD13
                - The Draft order will not be fixed (reversed)

Added a poll for Feral suggestion that the top 3 finishers get demoted in the draft order in the following draft.

I imagine that will be the last poll.
                You mean KO's are not included?
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  You mean KO's are not included?
                  Sorry yes.

Comment

My position in the 8/12 drafts I've been in on rjfix:

*** VD 1 Draft Thread """
                    7. Controller Jacobs

*** VD2 Draft Thread ***
                    13. Controller Jacobs

*** VD 5 Draft Thread ***
                    5 Controller Jacobs

*** VD 6 Draft Thread ***
                    6 Controller Jacobs

*** VD 7 Draft Thread ***
                    9. Controller J

*** VD 9 Draft Thread ***
                    11 Controller J

*** VD 10 Draft Thread ***
                    11 Controller J

*** VD 12 Draft Thread ***
                    13 Controller Jacobs

Based on an obviously rigged past draft order, I should clearly have picks 1, 2 and 3
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                      Based on an obviously rigged past draft order, I should clearly have picks 1, 2 and 3
                      I can add a poll if like

Comment

I can add a poll if like
                        No, what I want is for someone to restore the old site so I can pull those draft orders too. (actually I think I was top 3 once there, I remember having Cobb)
                        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Another option would be reverse draft order from VD12. I get the appeal of randomization but chance is lumpy.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Another option would be reverse draft order from VD12. I get the appeal of randomization but chance is lumpy.
                            you say lumpy like it's a bad thing oh my glob

Comment

that would work for every two, but the next would need to be randomized again, or else you are just going back and forth...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                that would work for every two, but the next would need to be randomized again, or else you are just going back and forth...
                                Right.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X