*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    i'm the casual who plays all RPGs on easy because I don't want to bother with learning to fight and just want to level up and advance the story line and do side-quests without dying.
    Yeah I just built myself up step by step on Civ V - I'm not one of those hard mode guys. I nuke people for retribution, not because it actually helps. If some ruler attacks me, I file it in the back of my mind and nuke their ass later.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
      was reading about some new cheating issue with EFT?
      The recently banned the ability to use Nvidia settings to make the game look brighter ... maybe that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Yeah I just built myself up step by step on Civ V - I'm not one of those hard mode guys. I nuke people for retribution, not because it actually helps. If some ruler attacks me, I file it in the back of my mind and nuke their ass later.
        Turn off barbarians at higher levels ? Seems i need to spend the whole game fending them off
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Turn off barbarians at higher levels ? Seems i need to spend the whole game fending them off
          There are some tendencies you can learn with barbs that will make it easier.

A barb range unit cannot move and fire on the same turn.

Barbs cannot heal.

With your Melee units, fortifying on a hill or forest tile, and letting their melee units kill themselves on you is probably better than attacking them.

Sometimes you might want to keep a camp alive and farm it for kill bonuses (you can get bonus culture for kills if you open Honor). But also, camps can't spawn close to another camp, so farming a camp in one place, might prevent a more annoying camp from spawning elsewhere.

Comment

• Also, download this map ... it's the best map script to play on Civ 5.

"NQ Pangaea with Small Islands" is the best ever Civ 5 map.

Comment

• So how do more citizens help ? Allegedly creatr.more production amd food ?
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

At more challenging levels, other leaders will turn on you very quickly if you get all aggressive. Soon you'll find that everyone has denounced you and that you have a hard time keeping up. The best is when your civ gets unhappy and you can't get yourself out of it so they start rioting and pillaging your shit and killing them makes everyone even more unhappy.
                Can't tell if this post is about Civ game or current events....
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

So how do more citizens help ? Allegedly creatr.more production amd food ?
                  Or this one....
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

So how do more citizens help ? Allegedly creatr.more production amd food ?
                    They work the tiles and each one produces one science. If you’re going for science you want high populations in each city.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                      Can't tell if this post is about Civ game or current events....
                      Kind of French yellow vest sounding, eh?

Comment

They work the tiles and each one produces one science. If you’re going for science you want high populations in each city.
                        Did.not know the science part....
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Did.not know the science part....
                          So if i.buy a tile with one food and 2 productuon...it appears i need to improve it or work it to get the benefit ?
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• And hoe do u defend against missionaires?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              Or this one....
                              Civ v, definetely civ v....for sure civ v
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Think i need to read some civopedia....also, how can u zoom in and out.?
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X