*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    ok, so I can beat level 3...moving on to level four. having a hard time not building military and just kicking ass I suppose I should try to win in each category. the whole political negotiations and religion are still somewhat puzzling.
    At more challenging levels, other leaders will turn on you very quickly if you get all aggressive. Soon you'll find that everyone has denounced you and that you have a hard time keeping up. The best is when your civ gets unhappy and you can't get yourself out of it so they start rioting and pillaging your shit and killing them makes everyone even more unhappy.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      At more challenging levels, other leaders will turn on you very quickly if you get all aggressive. Soon you'll find that everyone has denounced you and that you have a hard time keeping up. The best is when your civ gets unhappy and you can't get yourself out of it so they start rioting and pillaging your shit and killing them makes everyone even more unhappy.
      I think my friendly disposition will make things ok....it will be fun. Curious if i can get away with skimping on military, suspect i can't
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think my friendly disposition will make things ok....it will be fun. Curious if i can get away with skimping on military, suspect i can't
        Jump up multiple levels to Emperor or whatever and see how it goes. Hell, try Deity. I should start up a new game, lol. Civ V is the best.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I always skimp on military and end up going for either science or diplomatic victories. Culture victories are really cool but much, much harder to pull off. Military victories are very difficult, too, at higher levels.

Comment

ok, so I can beat level 3...moving on to level four. having a hard time not building military and just kicking ass I suppose I should try to win in each category. the whole political negotiations and religion are still somewhat puzzling.
            If you want to learn the game mechanics faster, play on Quick pace. But if you want to attack play on Normal or Epic pace.

Comment

I always skimp on military and end up going for either science or diplomatic victories. Culture victories are really cool but much, much harder to pull off. Military victories are very difficult, too, at higher levels.
              Modern Armor, more modern armor, and yet more modern armor = profit.

... and a few Rocket Arties of course.

Comment

• Actually, I kind of take that back --- I do enjoy racing for the atomic bomb and then nuking whoever has the misfortune of being next to me. Go heavy science, race for nukes, nuke everyone you can, then get a nuclear non-proliferation treaty passed so no one can do it back to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  Modern Armor, more modern armor, and yet more modern armor = profit.
                  Yeah, I can skimp on military because I usually race science. So even if I get attacked, if I even have a tiny bit of production going, I can build units that are well advanced past my enemies.

Comment

Yeah, I can skimp on military because I usually race science. So even if I get attacked, if I even have a tiny bit of production going, I can build units that are well advanced past my enemies.
                    Defending early game rushes is one of the most rewarding things I think ... especially holding off against overwhelming odds, then coming back to win.

Comment

Defending early game rushes is one of the most rewarding things I think ... especially holding off against overwhelming odds, then coming back to win.
                      Yeah, definitely. I've taken to playing with raging barbarians recently. They can be a pain in the ass, but it's awesome to see your lonely little archer all fortified in your city taking out wave after wave of raiding marauders.

Comment

• Plus, if you've picked Honor you can really get a leg up on culture very effectively.

Comment

Yeah, definitely. I've taken to playing with raging barbarians recently. They can be a pain in the ass, but it's awesome to see your lonely little archer all fortified in your city taking out wave after wave of raiding marauders.
                          I am indoenisia which looks fun
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Plus, if you've picked Honor you can really get a leg up on culture very effectively.
                            Have you played with NQmod or Lekmod?

If not, you really must. It will freshen the game up for you on so many levels.

You have to download, unpack, and copy the folder into the Civ 5 DLC folder, then restart. It's basically a community DLC that fixes the game, not a mod.
                            Last edited by johnnya24; 05-08-2020, 12:16 AM.

Comment

You have to download, unpack, and copy the folder into the Civ 5 DLC folder, then restart. It's basically a community DLC that fixes the game, not a mod.
                              I hanve't. Looks very thorough. Do you still get your achievements when this mod is enabled? For some weird reason I get super annoyed when a mod prevents me from getting one of those "Win on Deity as Haile Selassie" popups on Steam or whatever.

Comment

Nope...and i just screwed up this game so startimg over, lol
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X