*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Well that's not really an article about the NBC news story, it is a campaign round up that mentions the accusations one time near the bottom of the page, but as you and Bene have noted I was incorrect in asserting that MSNBC didn't cover this. Because this clearly shows that they did.
    Yeah, doesn't look like it's anything more than a passing mention though.

Comment

• Oakland A’s have a billionaire owner but are refusing to pay their employees through May 31 like the entire rest of the league. Oh and they also want a new stadium. Guess who they want to pay for it? The A’s are also now talking massive layoffs.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Oakland A’s have a billionaire owner but are refusing to pay their employees through May 31 like the entire rest of the league. Oh and they also want a new stadium. Guess who they want to pay for it? The A’s are also now talking massive layoffs.
        Moneyball baby.

Comment

• So Johnny, I've been playing Civ VI a lot over the last 2 weeks, and now can pretty much beat it at the "King" level with a Science victory. If I'm able to find horses quickly, I find I can overwhelm another Civ pretty easily with 3 units, if they didn't already research walls (which they usually haven't). Then once you have far more cities than anyone else, the rest is easy.

Love the game, but is the challenge gone?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            So Johnny, I've been playing Civ VI a lot over the last 2 weeks, and now can pretty much beat it at the "King" level with a Science victory. If I'm able to find horses quickly, I find I can overwhelm another Civ pretty easily with 3 units, if they didn't already research walls (which they usually haven't). Then once you have far more cities than anyone else, the rest is easy.

Love the game, but is the challenge gone?
            There's plenty of challenge there, and a lot of complexity to master. One thing Civ 6 has a lot of is "features". They don't always work, they don't always make sense, they are rarely optimized, but there's a shit-tonne to learn. It will depend on your personal taste. Some people like the religious victory (not me), the new World Congress and Diplomatic Victory is interesting (latest DLC), and the Cultural Victory is more within-reach than Civ 5 (especially if you like playing religion).

I enjoy gold-based strats. I like the small-continents map, rushing harbors or commercial districts, and spamming trade routes ... then buying most of your buildings.

Rushing and spamming Privateers was a fun thing to do. A good coastal city, with Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, Pingala as Governor (forteh culture boost), is normally enough to get you there, especially if you can find the city states Kumasi and/or Nan Madol. Then it's Venetian Arsenal and profit

Civ 6 is easier than Civ5, because the AI sucks, so I'd advice to only play Deity. The AI seem to rush you about 80% of the time, so it can be fun fighting that off. 3/4 warriors, 3 slingers (to gold upgrade to archers) and you should be good. but once you get past that and get established, it's fairly straight forward, even on Deity.

Oh ... and mods ... I always disable Loyalty (completely broken), add one extra religion, add extra resources (latest DLC broke the game as far as resources are concerned), reduce Governor establishment time ... mods are essential IMO.
            Last edited by johnnya24; 04-30-2020, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• who would have thought Wallace would be the second biggest star to come out of The Wire?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Marcellus?
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• West world is too smart for me to understand. I am not even sure who is good and who is bad anymore, which I suppose might have been the point.

Comment

• Oh it’s Michael Jordan - yeah that kid did well for himself. I assume Stringer is the #1.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      who would have thought Wallace would be the second biggest star to come out of The Wire?
                      Where the fuck is Wallace!?!?

Comment

West world is too smart for me to understand. I am not even sure who is good and who is bad anymore, which I suppose might have been the point.
                        I watched about half of the first episode this season and just couldn't get through it. In all honesty, most of the entire series has been a chore to get through. Season 1 was very good and made that chore worthwhile, but Season 2 was very difficult to keep my attention span. It was kind of all over the place.

Comment

• For all of us missing baseball I found this on my twitter feed and it made me smile...

"The one constant through all the years has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt,…

Comment

Oh it’s Michael Jordan - yeah that kid did well for himself. I assume Stringer is the #1.
                            that's what I figured.

Comment

• Westworld is a top shelf show, last season included.

Comment

West world is too smart for me to understand. I am not even sure who is good and who is bad anymore, which I suppose might have been the point.
                                I like Mave the best... but it's hard to root for Cirac, so I'm not sure if she is on the good guy team. I think the good guy is eventually going to be Bernard, but only because I can't figure out his motivation yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X