Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    so they say
    I'm rewatching Brooklyn 99 from season 1 ...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      I'm rewatching Brooklyn 99 from season 1 ...
      I may habe to do that too. My family is watching community. I think that is what it is anyway
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Dost m'lady bloweth leads?
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Crap, this is the VD XIV thread!
          no, no it's not
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Agreed, only the original VD's were in roman numerals.

Comment

• It's so crazy that we switched over to Arabic numerals.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

It's so crazy that we switched over to Arabic numerals.
                It's an Islamist conspiracy.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• OK but seriously who should I pick for my VD LXIX team?

Comment

• Once you have returned from your essentialness (essence?), regale us with stories of crazy stuff happening whilst working at Doordash, Heye. Bonus points for orgies or gun battles you walk into.

Comment

• And also tell us about your new life at Merck. I recall that name pretty much solely because they came up in an Ethics in Business class I took for donating gazillions of doses of medicine aimed at curing river blindness and elephantiasis and have continued to do so for decades. That seems pretty cool to me.

Comment

• But as a pharmaceutical company, I'm sure it's not all sunshine and roses. Hopefully you get good coffee, good benefits, and a lot of PTO.

Comment

• Highest paying job offer I ever received was from a company I had some big time ethical concerns about joining. I would have traveled the world (training people in ethics, believe it or not) but much of it would have been on offshore oil rigs and military manufacturing facilities. I turned down the offer.

Comment

Once you have returned from your essentialness (essence?), regale us with stories of crazy stuff happening whilst working at Doordash, Heye. Bonus points for orgies or gun battles you walk into.
                            pretty mundane stuff. I'm getting more and more girls answering the door without pants on (just long shirts). Mostly all drop-offs are "contactless" at this point. I drop the food on a doorstep, knock or text a picture of the food and walk away. I usually stand by my car to make sure someone realizes their food is there (a lot of dashers just leave, time=money) wave and move on to the next job.

I've realized why I like it... it's very RPG-like. I wander around in my car searching for quests. Someone offers me a quest, some poor npc is in need of provisions, I can either accept or decline the quest. If I accept, I procure the provisions, deliver them to the npc and am rewarded with treasure! Then onto the next quest.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              pretty mundane stuff. I'm getting more and more girls answering the door without pants on (just long shirts). Mostly all drop-offs are "contactless" at this point. I drop the food on a doorstep, knock or text a picture of the food and walk away. I usually stand by my car to make sure someone realizes their food is there (a lot of dashers just leave, time=money) wave and move on to the next job.

I've realized why I like it... it's very RPG-like. I wander around in my car searching for quests. Someone offers me a quest, some poor npc is in need of provisions, I can either accept or decline the quest. If I accept, I procure the provisions, deliver them to the npc and am rewarded with treasure! Then onto the next quest.
                              So.what level are u now ? How many GP have u amassed?
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

And also tell us about your new life at Merck. I recall that name pretty much solely because they came up in an Ethics in Business class I took for donating gazillions of doses of medicine aimed at curing river blindness and elephantiasis and have continued to do so for decades. That seems pretty cool to me.
                                I've just been reading about the company and doing orientation stuff. A lot of it is big company BS speak, like at PwC, but the emphasis, as you mentioned is much more on patient/customer than on billing time/profits so it feels eminently more worthwhile.

Apparently they either just released or are about to release an ebola vaccine which will make no money (probably lose money) but will help tons of people. So that's pretty cool.

You hear/see this quote from George Merck (founder) all over the place:
                                "We try to remember that medicine is for the patient. We try never to forget that medicine is for the people. It is not for the profits. The profits follow, and if we have remembered that, they have never failed to appear. The better we have remembered it, the larger they have been. Medicine is for the patient."
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X