*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://happymag.tv/uranus-has-start...tists-confirm/
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      I've heard the results from three "cities", which I put in quotes because not nearly everyone is actually in those cities. Those three do not include the hot spots of NYC, Detroit, or Seattle, but one of the three is what I would consider in the second tier of highly infected cities.
      I live in a city you did not name and is in the tier with NYC and Detroit. But interesting. Given that we lost our minor league team, I doubt the city was ours.

Comment

• I knew those assholes were spying on me
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Just messing around on BB reference. Apparently Barry Bonds only hit 50 hrs once and led the league in HR only twice. Yet he is the all time HR king. Also has 2558 walks. His OBP in his final year was .480 Just an amazing career. Hope to get him on my skwad in VD14
          Not on my skwad....so much for playing the long game
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I've heard the results from three "cities", which I put in quotes because not nearly everyone is actually in those cities. Those three do not include the hot spots of NYC, Detroit, or Seattle, but one of the three is what I would consider in the second tier of highly infected cities.
            Go philly!
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• We're seeing in real time how otherwise reasonable conservatives get sucked into conspiracies that feed their cognitive biases right here on this site. Sad.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                Why does Canada get 4 and usa only gets 3 ?
                Because Hawaii sunk apparently.

Comment

• Like, everyone knows you can order your groceries online and pick them up in the parking lot and not interact with people, right?
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                    Like, everyone knows you can order your groceries online and pick them up in the parking lot and not interact with people, right?
                    You can do that at certain places here, but even that is requiring slots these days. And those (up to last week anyway) are normally taken (or reserved).

Comment

• We have done this at multiple different places multiple times and it’s been easy as pie. Went yesterday and saw a line of people wearing masks waiting to get inside stretching around the block. I just sat in my car and waited until they came out and put all the stuff in the trunk. Gave a fat tip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        Like, everyone knows you can order your groceries online and pick them up in the parking lot and not interact with people, right?
                        You can do that here if you sign up about a week or 10 days ahead of time and get in right after midnight before all the slots fill up. And we've done that, but planning out that far with a family of six can be a little challenging. There is also a long list of items they won't bring you, which for any given week isn't a big deal, but over the course of several weeks you run out of that kind of stuff or really start missing it (e.g., refried beans).

Edit: I should clarify that's for delivery. They've discontinued curbside pickup at the grocery stores here and just gone to delivery or in-store shopping only.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

You can do that here if you sign up about a week or 10 days ahead of time and get in right after midnight before all the slots fill up. And we've done that, but planning out that far with a family of six can be a little challenging. There is also a long list of items they won't bring you, which for any given week isn't a big deal, but over the course of several weeks you run out of that kind of stuff or really start missing it (e.g., refried beans).
                          I saved the bacon fat from breakfast and added it to the canned black beans I cooked up. Good stuff. We do more black beans than refried in the Slasher house.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Edit: I should clarify that's for delivery. They've discontinued curbside pickup at the grocery stores here and just gone to delivery or in-store shopping only.
                            Damn, really? It's so easy here. Make the order online, wait about 6 days, show up in a designated parking spot at the store, call their number, have them bring all the shit out to your car, tip huge. Done.

Comment

• Yea our in-store pickup service is basically impossible to utilize now.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• We (at least my son and I) are eating far more ramen than was previously permitted. I'm pretty okay with that - love that terrible stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X