• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I can vouch for this.
    Thnamks fur postimg
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• My wife got furloughed from her job last night, which is surprising in only that it took this long. Her company in NYC has been closed for a few weeks and with Gov Cuomo's order to stay locked until April 29th, it makes sense. Surprisingly, they're going to keep paying her health insurance, and she gets to file for unemployment with the additional stimulus money, which basically means this just turned into a very nice staycation for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Thnamks fur postimg
        You're welcome.

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          You're welcome.

Mmmmmmmm.....
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Jeff Bezos gave $100M to food banks which is extremely impressive until you realize that’s how much he makes every 11 hours. Our system is fucking crazy.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Jeff Bezos gave $100M to food banks which is extremely impressive until you realize that’s how much he makes every 11 hours. Our system is fucking crazy.
              Yeah. Plus his corporation is making shitloads of cash while fighting the workers who make it possible. Amazon had a page asking for donations for his workers a few weeks ago. He is seriously a sociopath
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Yeah. Plus his corporation is making shitloads of cash while fighting the workers who make it possible. Amazon had a page asking for donations for his workers a few weeks ago. He is seriously a sociopath
                He see's this as one huge opportunity. I don't have enough vocabulary to describe what a horrible person he is
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Bezos is a fucking asshole.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• The Covid thread is growing exponentially. It is coming for the VD13.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• CV19 vs. VD13
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

The Covid thread is growing exponentially. It is coming for the VD13.
                        Do we need to flatten the curve?
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• We certainly don't want that thread to overwhelm our limited server resources.

Comment

• Because it is a novel thread, the forum has no immunity to it, and it can spread virtually unchecked.

Comment

• Isn't this a great analogy?

A flatter curve, on the other hand, assumes the same number of people ultimately get infected, but over a longer period of time. A slower infection rate means a less stressed health care system, fewer hospital visits on any given day and fewer sick people being turned away.

For a simple metaphor, consider an office bathroom.

"Your workplace bathroom has only so many stalls," Charles Bergquist, director of the public radio science show "Science Friday" tweeted. "If everyone decides to go at the same time, there are problems. If the same number of people need go to the restroom but spread over several hours, it's all ok."

Comment

• The same article has a great non sequitir:

In St. Louis, meanwhile, city officials quickly implemented social isolation strategies. The government closed schools, limited travel and encouraged personal hygiene and social distancing. As a result, the city saw just 2,000 deaths — one-eighth of the casualties in Philadelphia.

The city, now known for its towering Gateway Arch, had successfully flattened the curve.

Comment

Working...
                                X