Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plus your regular 6 sided
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      D and D had 20 sided, 12. Sided, 10 sided, 8 sided and mayne some others. 20 sided also worked as 10 sided
      D
      way to make my point.

don't try to out geek me dude.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        way to make my point.

don't try to out geek me dude.
        game on !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Just you wait. I've already won

Comment

Just you wait. I've already won
            Pretty sure i have lost so i hope u won. Uggghhhhh.....
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My brother and I made up our own baseball game using 20 sided dice from Dungeons and Dragons. We only used 10 sides, but used three of them to get 001-1000. Anyway, we would pick our teams from our baseball cards....I probably ruined a $100 Rickey Henderson rookie card playing our game. It was worth it.
              Rickey still holds the record in our 30 plus Fantasy league at 66 dollars !!!

Comment

My brother and I made up our own baseball game using 20 sided dice from Dungeons and Dragons. We only used 10 sides, but used three of them to get 001-1000. Anyway, we would pick our teams from our baseball cards....I probably ruined a $100 Rickey Henderson rookie card playing our game. It was worth it.
                Ha, so did I. My friends and I were addicted to playing it, too. We probably played 2-3 nights a week from 1984 until 1996. My game used a 6-sided die to determine if it was the hitter or pitcher card, and then 2 10-sided dice to determine if it was a hit/walk or out. We'd keep stats by hand and we would each run 3-4 different teams.

We didn't use baseball cards, but we wrote up index cards for each player and once we got to the AS Break of the new season, would use whatever paper we could find (The Sporting News, Baseball Weekly) to determine the current player cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Ha, so did I. My friends and I were addicted to playing it, too. We probably played 2-3 nights a week from 1984 until 1996. My game used a 6-sided die to determine if it was the hitter or pitcher card, and then 2 10-sided dice to determine if it was a hit/walk or out. We'd keep stats by hand and we would each run 3-4 different teams.

We didn't use baseball cards, but we wrote up index cards for each player and once we got to the AS Break of the new season, would use whatever paper we could find (The Sporting News, Baseball Weekly) to determine the current player cards.
                  We had a full version and a lightning version that excluded pitchers. The fast version could be done in about 20 minutes. One year we made 4 teams and tried to play an entire season of 162 games. I think we made it over 100 games before we lost energy. It was hard keeping stats for so many players by hand.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I guess we're seeing the difference between packing a rally with enthusiastic would-be voters and actually getting them to show up and vote. Seems to me that if every eligible American voted, someone like Sanders would cruise to national victory. But given the current reality, having a base primarily consisting of young white folk is not a recipe for success. Shit, it appears that Biden was the one to encourage turnout. Did not expect that at all. Fewer young voters voted on Super Tuesday than did back in 2016.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• #23 Albert Pujols

End of a long story about Buddy Day (Down Syndrome Awareness day in StL) where Pujols has already hit 2HRs off Snell because kids asked him to...
                      In the fifth inning, Pujols came up to face Ian Snell again. And this time he didn’t just hit a home run. He hit a blast to center field that was so majestic, so absurd, so wonderful that Snell himself told reporters after the game: “I thought it was going to hit the St. Louis Arch out there. I wanted to go high-five him.”
                      So, the Cardinals took him in the 13th round with the hopes that maybe someday …

Two years after that draft day, Albert Pujols was one of the five best players in baseball.

How? What? Well, look, the obvious part of this was that scouts simply missed Pujols’ once-in-a-lifetime hitting talent. It was there. Pujols was an absurd hitter at Maple Woods; it is believed that he didn’t strike out a single time. He hit .461 with 22 home runs. “I put up sick numbers,” Pujols says. “I was a monster.” Needless to say, Pujols remains pretty unimpressed with the scouts who missed his talent.
                      In training camp the first time... after 2 seasons in the minors...
                      “Balls he swings at, balls he takes, the way the ball comes off his bat,” La Russa swooned when asked what so impressed him about Pujols about a week later. Pujols hit a homer and a triple in the Cardinals’ first intrasquad game. Privately, La Russa began telling people that he’d never seen anyone quite like Pujols before.

It got to the point where La Russa was afraid to play Pujols because he was afraid that he would be overtaken by emotion and rush Pujols to the big leagues. “La Russa has been playing Pujols sparingly, perhaps trying not to fall in love with him too soon,” the St. Louis Post Dispatch wrote.

But it was too late. La Russa was in love. Cardinals GM Walt Jocketty, if anything, was more in love. No, they didn’t want to rush Pujols. But every now and again, a player comes along who is an exception to the rule. The Cardinals went back and forth and back and forth … and decided that as good as Pujols looked, they would send him to the minors for a little while anyway. It couldn’t hurt. Let Pujols get a little more seasoning.

Then Bobby Bonilla pulled his left hamstring and the Cardinals brought Pujols to Colorado for Opening Day, and he singled off Mike Hampton. Four days later, in Arizona, he went three-for-five with a double and a homer. At the end of the first month, he was hitting .370 and slugging .807 with eight doubles, a triple and eight home runs in just 21 games.

And for the year, he hit .329/.403/.610 with 47 doubles, 37 homers, 112 runs and 130 RBIs. It’s one of the greatest rookie seasons in the history of baseball.

Eight of his next nine seasons would be even better than that.
                      Albert Pujols led the National League in Wins Above Replacement in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009. Do you know who was the last National Leaguer to lead the whole league — pitchers and hitters — in WAR five straight years? Nobody. Not Willie Mays. Not Barry Bonds. Not Henry Aaron. Not Stan Musial or Rogers Hornsby or Honus Wagner. Nobody.*

Comment

In training camp the first time... after 2 seasons in the minors...
                        Pujols was only in the minors 1 year tho

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                          He was my second choice and is now probably my first choice. I felt Warren had the skills to design and execute policies more effectively. I think she's brilliant and detail oriented in a way that Sanders is not. I've spent most of my career as a government internal auditor, so I know how the most exciting and most morally-forward ideas can fail if not planned and executed effectively. That's why I've been a Warren supporter. But I will definitely vote for Sanders over Biden. And then I'll enthusiastically back whoever wins over Trump because Trump is uniquely horrible in so many ways, and because I'm practical and will take half a loaf today over none at all if it will make people's lives better and a full loaf isn't achievable today. I won't stop advocating for the full loaf after we've got the half loaf. But I won't reject the half loaf.
                          B-Fly would do great on Rainier

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            B-Fly would do great on Rainier
                            You and he are kindred spirits it seems
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

You and he are kendred spirits it seems
                              fixed
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Pujols was only in the minors 1 year tho
                                ah, I was just guessing... story said 1999 draft and 2001 Spring Training, so I assumed some 1999 short-season play and then a year in 2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X