*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    testing this to see what happens. if i don't use any capitals and then quote my own text. i mean, ks can quote his own shit for pages, so i figure quoting my own in the name of science shouldn't be an issue right? i hippie no one objects. seems like the kind of redundancy that would drive the amish crazy though. i think they would object to being included in this whole vd thing though, right? do you think vd is ever an issue in the amish community? seems very insular, but once it got in, i imagine it would spread quickly. then again, i don't know the secret underbelly of amish life or if there even is one. at this point, i want to introduce thomas jefferson into the discussion, just to see if there is some secret background capitalization going on, whether it picks up proper names. i doubt it, but i'm a hippy. this is really fucking difficult to read, and honestly, difficult to type. my finger jumps to the caps key on its own and i have to go back and edit. is it really that much of a roadblock to genius writing to capitalize letters? maybe that's why i've never gotten anywhere in life. to many capital letters. maybe this is me turning a new leaf. writing a new chapter in my life. granted, one without capital letters. a difficult fucking chapter to read, but maybe, just maybe a successful one. let's see what happens now.
    I also didn't want to do the experiment in the trump thread because:
    I don't want to post there
    They probably wouldn't have appreciated the humor
    It would have added at least 2 posts to the thread
    I care about our effort here, unlike Ken
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Ken was asking in the trump thread if Mith had edited a gcstomp post that he quoted because now there were caps in it, and Mith said no. I was wondering if there was something in the quote function that might do it... like when you make an all caps post and it automatically sets it to proper. I doubted it, but wanted to test anyway.
      Oh wow...that's strange.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I also didn't want to do the experiment in the trump thread because:
        I don't want to post there
        They probably wouldn't have appreciated the humor
        It would have added at least 2 posts to the thread
        That's the election thread. They are far I. The rear-view mirror at this point. But I appreciate the effort over here, nonetheless.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

what's this "we" shit? Don't be claiming my work product as your own.
          I'm in management now, that's pretty much all I know how to do.

Comment

Why don't you care about me tho

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              I. The rear-view mirror
              Thanks for keeping this going, I don't have to feel alone now I. The event my phone does it's thing again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Why don't you care about me tho
                boycotting you since you refuse to supply feral with lite Caesar dressing. Gotta stand by my peeps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Thanks for keeping this going, I don't have to feel alone now I. The event my phone does it's thing again.
                  i think my best was when I apologized to a client for any incontinence I may have caused.

Comment

TIL: the word disbursal. I always thought this was dispersal as in dispersing talent to even out for new teams.
                    Huh, I actually have no idea which one the right one is.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Oh, disperse does make more sense, although in a sense we are disbursing the salaries kinda sorta not really fuck it.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• The added caps in Mith's quote of gcstomp are all the first letters after a period/exclamation/question mark. Which is still weird. I can't imagine Mith being that diligent to edit a post that way. It does point to some sort of automated filter. Maybe on Mith's library computer?

Comment

boycotting you since you refuse to supply feral with lite Caesar dressing. Gotta stand by my peeps.
                          yes !!! i even went to walmart yesterday. that ken just hates me. why wont he let me buy his dressing?
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Ranchup has become a constant talking point in my house now. I'm always suggesting it would be delicious on whatever we are eating. I haven't found one thing that RJEL girl thinks it would be good on. Then again, she is anti-ranch out of spite because it is so pervasive out here in Cali. They put it on anything. You get it at pizza places because people like to dip their crust in it.

If there is one person more spiteful in this world than me, it's her. It's why we are so great together.

Comment

• bump because I just posted something in the VD 14 thread and didn't want anyone mistakenly posting there because it was the thread listed on the front page of the sub listings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                Oh, disperse does make more sense, although in a sense we are disbursing the salaries kinda sorta not really fuck it.
                                I love a sentence that starts off confident and by the end just gives up completely.

Comment

Working...
                                X