X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    It was great fun. Still plenty cold
    all right, well at least there's that.

had the windows open today... sunny, low-60s. warming up the rest of the week.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• we had been having crazy storms the last couple of weeks. I had one of my lawn chairs blow into the pool. Not one of the plastic ones I got from home depot... those just float around like they are enjoying themselves. This was one of the metal lounge chairs. I didn't think it would be good to leave it in there overnight, and I thought it would be too heavy to drag out with the skimmer net... so I had the brilliant idea to dive in after it. Got my bathing suit on, and hit the water which was in the high 40s at the time. I jumped in and when I popped to the surface I couldn't breath. my lungs just wouldn't take any air in. Then my calf almost instantly knotted up. I grabbed the chair and hopped on one foot to the shallow end... dragged it out of the pool and ran for the warm shower I already had running in the bathroom right off the deck.

It blew in again last week and I discovered that I could indeed drag it out with the skimmer net... I won't be going in again until march.

Comment

• i think I mentioned it in the exccelent movies thread, but Jumanji was really cute. Saw it again today (hey, what else do I have to do?) and enjoyed it just as much as the first time.

Comment

• I've started replies to both BG and 1J in the last couple of days, and deleted both about 2 paragraphs in 1) trusting someone else who gave more of a shit would take the bait anyway, and 2) not giving enough of a shit. oh, and 3) knowing it was pointless.

gonna go clean cat boxes and go to bed myself.

Comment

• Thank goodness DMT took Kershaw. He had fallen way too far, but it was going to take some major work to fit him on my team.
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• So I go to sleep and the com thread explodes. Is this telling me something?

Then I double check and realise that Feral had probably just hit the bottle again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                Thank goodness DMT took Kershaw.
                Burn!

Comment

They are also stuck with me unless they put me on ignore. Good news. The man at the truck says two hours until.power is restored
                  Loyalty is a fickle thing.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I had the strangest dream Last night....
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I had the strangest dream Last night....
                      The capital L, the 4 dot ellipsis. What does it all mean, man? 😵

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        The capital L, the 4 dot ellipsis. What does it all mean, man? ��
                        The emphasis on the L indicates the lostness of humanity as a speck on the wide ocean of the cold, empty, and unfriendly universe. The small "a" following the capital L represents the small role that the Amish play in it all. Each dot in the ellipse represents one hour he was without power last night.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          The emphasis on the L indicates the lostness of humanity as a speck on the wide ocean of the cold, empty, and unfriendly universe. The small "a" following the capital L represents the small role that the Amish play in it all. Each dot in the ellipse represents one hour he was without power last night.
                          Thanks. Thought it was obvious but apparently Johnny needs it spelled out for him.....
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I almost picked about 5 people there. I don't know, but Ford's higher whip is at least absorbed by my staff pretty easily. Had to get one of those crap pitcher decades eventually.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              I almost picked about 5 people there. I don't know, but Ford's higher whip is at least absorbed by my staff pretty easily. Had to get one of those crap pitcher decades eventually.
                              Just trying to make KS feel better about his Feller pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Just trying to make KS feel better about his Feller pick.
                                Lol making the robot feel better never made the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X