No announcement yet.

*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe beet juice? But that seems rather insubstantial.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Apparently gum arabic is used to thicken ink and help it flow onto the paper.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Thyme oil helps prevent mold from forming in the ink.

Comment

• You can use black raspberries for the coloring. You probably have those up in Warshington.

Comment

• But then you need to use alum for a mordant, which helps the color bind to the fibers of the paper.

Comment

• You can also use black walnuts by boiling the walnut hulls.

Comment

• With black walnut dye, you won't need a mordant.

Comment

• You can also boil black tea leaves, but that seems lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    You can also boil black tea leaves, but that seems lame.
                    Might as well drink it.

Comment

• If the Amish had computers, they would have made a post to help us get here.

Comment

• But alas, they have neither computers nor smartphones, and I doubt they've climbed even halfway up Mount Rainier.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          so Safeway quit stocking Ken's light ceaser….it's creating a crisis in my household. Why would they do that ?
                          RJEL girl actually goes to a Wal-Mart food store for the lite Asian as it's the only place she can find it. That and frozen perogies are the only two things she shops there for.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            wake up !
                            Sleeping 11 to 6am these days. It sucks.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                              Maybe beet juice? But that seems rather insubstantial.
                              Drinking moldy beetjuice leaves a peculiar aftertaste
                              ---------------------------------------------
                              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                RJEL girl actually goes to a Wal-Mart food store for the lite Asian as it's the only place she can find it. That and frozen perogies are the only two things she shops there for.
                                Maybe i will have to look there
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X