*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    read that one a long time ago. I think I liked Guns Germs and Steal better ....
    Oh....so i am like a decade behind you
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Huh, so today was the very first day it occurred to me that Hi I'm Mandy might not be a Judge Jude alt.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• LeBron is the best basketball player of all time, imo.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Baseball: Babe Ruth (by a very large margin)
          Basketball: LeBron (by not a very large margin at all)
          Football: Tom Brady (ugh, hard to write that out....props to Jerry Rice, too)
          Hockey: Gretzky (huge margin, although I don't know a ton of hockey)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            Huh, so today was the very first day it occurred to me that Hi I'm Mandy might not be a Judge Jude alt.
            U can't be serious
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

LeBron is the best basketball player of all time, imo.
              I quit watching about the timenhe came into the league. And i certainly havent lookes at any advanced stats or given it any thougjt. How did u come to that conclusion ?
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                U can't be serious
                Sadly, I am. Sad Lee, yam. Sad Liam.

Comment

I quit watching about the timenhe came into the league. And i certainly havent lookes at any advanced stats or given it any thougjt. How did u come to that conclusion ?
                  Strikes me that individuals have a greater outcome on the ultimate outcome in basketball than the other major sports (maybe QBs in the NFL, though....unsure) and that LeBron has dragged some decidedly mediocre teams to championships. He's also top 10 all time in both points and assists, the only player who can say that. He leads the NBA in assists this year.

Comment

• There are no longer any soldiers who can say they are the dumbest ones in their chain of command.

#deepthoughts

Comment

Strikes me that individuals have a greater outcome on the ultimate outcome in basketball than the other major sports (maybe QBs in the NFL, though....unsure) and that LeBron has dragged some decidedly mediocre teams to championships. He's also top 10 all time in both points and assists, the only player who can say that. He leads the NBA in assists this year.
                      Basketball playera and qb's....and ptchers in a single game do have a lot of influence on the outcome
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

There are no longer any soldiers who can say they are the dumbest ones in their chain of command.

#deepthoughts
                        What if u volunteered to have the Donald as your commander in chief ? Makes me wonder about armes forces recruiting lately. I suspect it hasnt changed much or maybe even increased with our current leader
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Anyone ever heard of slashies ? Apparently they are a thing. I was hoping they were my followers
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Baseball: Babe Ruth (by a very large margin)
                            Basketball: LeBron (by not a very large margin at all)
                            Football: Tom Brady (ugh, hard to write that out....props to Jerry Rice, too)
                            Hockey: Gretzky (huge margin, although I don't know a ton of hockey)
                            So in football do you consider the greatest player the guy with the most value or the guy who is the greatest at what he does. Seems like a QB would always be the greatest player based on value because the QB is inherently more valuable, but what if a LB is much greater than every other LB that ever played ? How do we rate the greatest Guard or CB or TE vs. the greatest QB ?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So in football do you consider the greatest player the guy with the most value or the guy who is the greatest at what he does. Seems like a QB would always be the greatest player based on value because the QB is inherently more valuable, but what if a LB is much greater than every other LB that ever played ? How do we rate the greatest Guard or CB or TE vs. the greatest QB ?
                              what if LeBron is marginally better than MJ, but Wilt is levels better than any other center ?
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                Dewy Michelob barely looks like beer.
                                I disagree
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X