X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better picture for Ed Walsh?

BB-Ref

MLB.com
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Better picture for Ed Walsh?

BB-Ref

MLB.com
      The top picture is from one of his many seasons on my vd teams
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Very curious to see what mjl's team looks like at the end of this draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
          Very curious to see what mjl's team looks like at the end of this draft.
          Yeah, it will be interesting. I haven't done any projections or anything...but this seems like it will be a very tight race. Lots of good picks, not many WTFs.
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• The site seems to be loading especially slowly for me this afternoon. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

RJ is such a simple site, I don't think I've ever been able to see it individually load images/elements on the page before.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              The site seems to be loading especially slowly for me this afternoon. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

RJ is such a simple site, I don't think I've ever been able to see it individually load images/elements on the page before.
              Did u try clicking the "remember me" button?
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Ah, the proud annual American tradition of right wingers and libertarians trying to co-opt the antithetical message of Martin Luther King, Jr. for their own shitty purposes. Assclowns.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Ah, the proud annual American tradition of right wingers and libertarians trying to co-opt the antithetical message of Martin Luther King, Jr. for their own shitty purposes. Assclowns.
                  Impressive restraint.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• 1.01 Lunar Heye-Lander
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      Path of Exile?
                      I tried it for a little bit but just couldn't get into all the mouse clicking --- kinda the same reason I never dug any of the Diablo games all that much. I didn't give it much of a chance, though.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                        Very curious to see what mjl's team looks like at the end of this draft.
                        It occurred to me during the last draft that there was a really basic strategy that everyone was overlooking. In the letters drafts we have the artificial limit of three deadball pitchers, but we don't in this draft, and still nobody ever takes more than one or two. So there's a whole bunch of the second-tier ones left over at the end. I figure if I just take all of those, I can dump saves and still end up with a really good pitching staff.
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                          It occurred to me during the last draft that there was a really basic strategy that everyone was overlooking. In the letters drafts we have the artificial limit of three deadball pitchers, but we don't in this draft, and still nobody ever takes more than one or two. So there's a whole bunch of the second-tier ones left over at the end. I figure if I just take all of those, I can dump saves and still end up with a really good pitching staff.
                          But we only get one per decade (1870-80s, 1900s, 1910s) so how is it any different?
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            1.01 Lunar Heye-Lander
                            Wow. That was effective
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              But we only get one per decade (1870-80s, 1900s, 1910s) so how is it any different?
                              Originally posted by mjl
                              FUCK!

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                Wow. That was effective
                                anything for you darling.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X