X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    "beer"
    Dewy Michelob barely looks like beer.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Downing Michelob builds lithe muscle tissues
      Freshman year of college Michelob was considered premium beer. I remember an ad for $8 for a full 24 pack at Mike's Market in Terre Haute Indiana. Good Times.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Freshman year of college Michelob was considered premium beer. I remember an ad for $8 for a full 24 pack at Mike's Market in Terre Haute Indiana. Good Times.
        last dance for Mary Jane, one more Mich to kill the pain
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I wrote my magnum opus about libertarianism on this site a while back, aimed at Senor Sheep in the intent it would spur some discussion on the topic. But in reality, and in a microcosm of the Internet as a whole, I just spent a bunch of time and mental effort and it just got a couple quippy one-liners and no real debate in response.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            I wrote my magnum opus about libertarianism on this site a while back, aimed at Senor Sheep in the intent it would spur some discussion on the topic. But in reality, and in a microcosm of the Internet as a whole, I just spent a bunch of time and mental effort and it just got a couple quippy one-liners and no real debate in response.
            It was poorly composed what did u expect ?

:runs and hides:
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Jk....wish we had it for reference
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Jk....wish we had it for reference
                I remember u and him used to go at it.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Deriding MagnumOpus Bene loved
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I remember u and him used to go at it.
                    We did, but it was mostly just academic stuff for a while until I recounted an incident from my teenage years where a kid I knew was lurking in his girlfriend's backyard (no innuendo intended, lol) waiting for her to sneak out at night. A neighbor saw him and called the cops. When he, like every other 16 year old in his shoes would have done, tried to run the cop shot him in the leg from behind. Sheep essentially said that the kid deserved it. Because we bemoan the "nanny state" when it's black people getting food stamps but we are pretty okay with cops shooting children as they run away. Libertarian small government, I suppose.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• A real libertarian should be in favor of completely open borders, no?

Comment

• Or is libertarian as long as I start out rich and get to keep it and you start out poor and get to struggle for what you can?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          We did, but it was mostly just academic stuff for a while until I recounted an incident from my teenage years where a kid I knew was lurking in his girlfriend's backyard (no innuendo intended, lol) waiting for her to sneak out at night. A neighbor saw him and called the cops. When he, like every other 16 year old in his shoes would have done, tried to run the cop shot him in the leg from behind. Sheep essentially said that the kid deserved it. Because we bemoan the "nanny state" when it's black people getting food stamps but we are pretty okay with cops shooting children as they run away. Libertarian small government, I suppose.
                          Dont recall that. U would think libertarians would be against excessive policing
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            A real libertarian should be in favor of completely open borders, no?
                            I think so, although they may have some belief in "defense" as a legitimate government function
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• What eventually helped me reject libertarian theory was that in practice it is always used against poor people while never objecting to corporations and rich people getting handouts. I mean amazon getting billions in subsidies is just the free market !
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Well, that was a deep subject
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X