*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Sometimes people take these responses so seriously that I wonder if they are in on the joke.
    I'm sure 1J was totally aware of the dense matter boundary layer. I do wonder if anyone has noticed an alarming trend
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      So I learned something today:

Christians believe Jesus ascended to heaven after the crucifixion, right? So one wouldn't be considered crazy for thinking that included all of him. HOWEVER, Jesus had been circumcised. That's right, the holy foreskin got left behind, just like in the movie. Since it was part of the holy dong it, too, possessed holy powers according to some. There have been tons of claims of ownership of the holy foreskin and about its magic powers. It's called the Holy Prepuce. National Geographic even ran a special called "The Quest for the Holy Foreskin".

Honestly I am a better person for having learned this.
      I, uh...I, uh...I'm pretty sure he left behind some fingernail clippings and such, too.

And for sake of clarification, he ascended to heaven forty days after rising from the dead, which was day 3 following the crucifixion (Friday - crucified, Sunday - resurrection).
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I, uh...I, uh...I'm pretty sure he left behind some fingernail clippings and such, too.
        Let's explore this "such" of which you speak.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Googling "what did jesus leave behind" is just not fucking instructive in the least. I want the real stuff, not the touchy feely saving mankind stuff!
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Let's explore this "such" of which you speak.
            The Holy Shit?
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Googling "what did jesus leave behind" is just not fucking instructive in the least. I want the real stuff, not the touchy feely saving mankind stuff!
              his hair clippings are so much more important than saving humanity from the lake of fire.
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

The Holy Shit?
                I finally understand that expression
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Hmm, googling "what body parts did Jesus leave behind" is yielding some more interesting results. I am now reading about the "stolen body hypothesis" which is some awesome reading.

It's also the plot of Another Roadside Attraction, a really fantastic book by Tom Robbins, a really fantastic author.

Comment

• To be fair, Another Roadside Attaction's body stealing happened from the Vatican a couple thousand years anno domini and not from the three day tomb.

Comment

• Any relation to Tony Robbins?

Comment

• or Baskin Robbins?

Comment

Any relation to Tony Robbins?
                          Sadly, no. Nor Tim Robbins, to my knowledge.

Comment

or Baskin Robbins?
                            DairyQueen makes better lactic frozen treats than Baskin Robbins, for my money's worth, though.

Comment

To be fair, Another Roadside Attaction's body stealing happened from the Vatican a couple thousand years anno domini and not from the three day tomb.
                              Wow, this is all new to me. Never heard of this but I've been to Skagit County many times.
                              The novel follows the adventures of John Paul Ziller and his wife Amanda—lovable prophetess and promiscuous earth mother, inarguably the central protagonist—who open "Captain Kendrick's Memorial Hot Dog Wildlife Preserve," a combination hot dog stand and zoo along a highway in Skagit County, Washington. Other characters in this rather oddball novel include Mon Cul the baboon; Marx Marvelous, an educated man from the east coast; and L. Westminster "Plucky" Purcell, a former college football star and sometime dope dealer who accidentally infiltrates a group of Catholic monks working as assassins for the Vatican. In so doing Plucky discovers a secret of monumental proportions dating to the very beginning of Christianity.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

DairyQueen makes better lactic frozen treats than Baskin Robbins, for my money's worth, though.
                                My first job was at Baskin Robbins. My uncle owned a DQ. I'm really conflicted on this one
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X