*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    I wonder if there's something about the game (VD, not WoW) itself that attracts and brings back level headed people. There's no trading, and no day-to-day luck or what not... it's not a gambling game that brings in thrill seekers.

This theory doesn't really jibe with Chris coming back to the game though.
    I can't explain why I keep playing. I know I'll never win one, but I keep running into that wall like one day I'll break through.

So when are we doing the next one? Baseball is over and football only takes so much effort we should be able to do one again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Serious question - why is the VD community 100x better than the general RJ community? Is it the small numbers and a few of you VD guys are simply too likable and fun to have heated arguments with? Is it that this forum is just missing the bad apples (although it could be said I'm one of those bad apples in other areas of this forum). I'm not sure what it is but it's like night and day.

Either way I always enjoy coming here. And when I see a new post in the VD forum I'm always anxious to see what it is. Other areas, it's not that way.
      I had heated arguments constantly and was constantly accused of "poisoning the well" in the Sports Bar. Others have simply stepped into my vacated place. The arguments, though, used to have many more participants and a much wider range of opinions expressed and perhaps in a more eloquent manner than now. Maybe that's just rose-colored glasses remembering, though.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        I had heated arguments constantly and was constantly accused of "poisoning the well" in the Sports Bar. Others have simply stepped into my vacated place. The arguments, though, used to have many more participants and a much wider range of opinions expressed and perhaps in a more eloquent manner than now. Maybe that's just rose-colored glasses remembering, though.
        I like the political discussions on RJ, but I agree they are a pale imitation of what they used to be. They are still better than I could find on any other board on the interwebs.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Hmmm, I don't recall you being in any heated arguments. I remember some El Devil ? Or something like that. He was a piece of work
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Some Placer County news... last night Local news reports that there was a quadruple homicide in the town next to me, Roseville. They break to a map of the location, and I realize that it's the same apartment complex that RJEL Girl and I lived in when we first moved out here. Little news on what happened, and info is still coming out. Dude killed 2 adults and 2 kids, seemed to have known them. Threw one of the bodies in his car and started driving north. Turned himself in up around Mt Shasta.

I just took it as a crazy story... I mean, tragic for the families involved, but crazy that it happened about 3 buildings from where I use to live.

I was playing some WoW last night with some Aussies and told them the story, just as a "how freaky is this?" type of thing, and they were all shocked... like, damn, that's some dark shit. They seemed to have a hard time processing it and it killed the fun mood. I guess I just chalk it up to life in the US, where shit like this is just a curiosity anymore rather than a horrible tragedy. Or maybe I'm just a bit dead inside. Who can tell?
            VD13 comment thread is like top 10 Placer County news sites.
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

i voted with you ....

I think SDS was the swing vote and he only voted to keep me so occasionally he wouldn't finish last.
              Some dumb shit ?
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Serious question - why is the VD community 100x better than the general RJ community? Is it the small numbers and a few of you VD guys are simply too likable and fun to have heated arguments with? Is it that this forum is just missing the bad apples (although it could be said I'm one of those bad apples in other areas of this forum). I'm not sure what it is but it's like night and day.

Either way I always enjoy coming here. And when I see a new post in the VD forum I'm always anxious to see what it is. Other areas, it's not that way.
                Thanks, we all know who u talkin' about

where is Jhonny by the way ?
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Why do the police show up so early to protests?

To beat the crowds.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Thank you, folks. Tip your waitresses! I'll be here all night.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      VD13 comment thread is like top 10 Placer County news sites.
                      I think the Placer Herald might have gone out of business... this might be top 5
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Another update... RJEL Girl told me she read that police believe the 4 murders took place across multiple days...

shit is getting dark.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          Thanks, we all know who u talkin' about

where is Jhonny by the way ?
                          Just sent him another email.

Comment

• "When we’re dancing with the angels, the question we’ll be asked: In 2019, what did we do to make sure we kept our democracy intact? Did we stand on the sidelines and say nothing?"

RIP Elijah Cummings

Comment

Heye deletes 90% of his posts before hitting submit. If he didn't this would be the segmented forum.
                              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Just sent him another email.
                                Haven't talked to you in a while. Sorry to hear you had pancreatitis, your state's on fire, and you lived in a murder hut.
                                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
                                X