*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I'd be concerned about adding another ratio category. I'd be more open to something like Total Bases or (TB-H).
    That's part of the appeal for me, because it balances the hitting and pitching sides with two ratio categories.

I successfully lobbied my league to make the switch many years ago and no one has ever complained about it. I just think with some of the earlier eras doubles were a huge part of their value and they get ignored by counting HRs.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      That's part of the appeal for me, because it balances the hitting and pitching sides with two ratio categories.
      It'd likely make punting strats super unbalanced again.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        It'd likely make punting strats super unbalanced again.
        How so?
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I strongly considered Nap.
          - Terence McKenna

Comment

I strongly considered Nap.
            Me too, but probably wait until the middle of the football game unless its close
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I strongly considered Nap.
              Sleepy?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Took Rivera instead of Anson because I didn't think Rivera or Hoffman made it back to me and I assumed not all 3 people behind me would go 1870's. Lost Anson and O'Rourke but I'll settle for Kelly.

Comment

• Was looking at Kelly's 1880's year for quasi--troll/KO purposes. It wouldn't have been a bad pick either, and it would have bumped the value of Anson slightly.

Wasn't really serious though. Was torn between Nap and one other player. Having a 3B swayed me. Without Anson, I probably pick the other guy. This is what took me so long when I finally decided to go hitter over pitcher.

Comment

• Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig at 60FPS

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This guy has some awesome old timey footage on his YT channel.

Comment

• Seems like Ott got a moderate bump up with OBP and I always overvalue the 1920s. Plus, I seem to often find myself scrambling for a 3B for some weird reason.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Lot's of familiar Deadball names here ... first time i've seen a lot of these guys in action

Footage from the Deadball Era including footage from the 1910 World Series and the 1919 "Black Sox" World Series.All Rights to MLB media.

Comment

• How ken we be drafters if we ken't be friends. How ken we finish if the drafting never ends.

Comment

• I didn't get the as complete last night, but I have a complete listing of all hitters and pitchers that is easy for ranking and sorting purposes.

I'll post that when I get home.

Comment

• I know this doesn't matter and it usually works itself out, but in case it is some kind of error I will ask. In career pitching ratios it seems to be scoring it backwards. Ignoring the people that don't have anyone yet, but I am behind Johnny and DMT but ahead of ElB in ERA but behind him in WHIP. Again maybe one of those things I never look at until everyone has a pitcher, but right now those points seem to be backwards. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                                I know this doesn't matter and it usually works itself out, but in case it is some kind of error I will ask. In career pitching ratios it seems to be scoring it backwards. Ignoring the people that don't have anyone yet, but I am behind Johnny and DMT but ahead of ElB in ERA but behind him in WHIP. Again maybe one of those things I never look at until everyone has a pitcher, but right now those points seem to be backwards. Thanks.
                                You are correct. It is an error in the spreadsheet and needs to be fixed.
                                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Working...
                                X