*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    I think we are all a bunch of old white guys, but the term is racially charged enough that I decided to avoid calling anyone a monkey.
    Yeah, I hadn't thought about it until you deleted it - thought that might be the only possible reason. I hope no one has read this thread and interpreted anything like that, it seems pretty clear in context, but people don't always see the context. It's a shame that racists had to go and ruin a word.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      You inspired me to turn on the NBA playoffs since the Sixers are playing. That and I need a distraction from the realtor who wants to come tell me how stupid I am for not accepting his offer.
      Looks like another good game today. As someone who watched most of my basketball in the late 70's to early 90's....the game is sooooooo different. Anyway, I'll be pulling for the Sixers
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Yeah, I hadn't thought about it until you deleted it - thought that might be the only possible reason. I hope no one has read this thread and interpreted anything like that, it seems pretty clear in context, but people don't always see the context. It's a shame that racists had to go and ruin a word.
        I doubt it. Still, I'm looking for any reason to delete my posts
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          I doubt it. Still, I'm looking for any reason to delete my posts
          My wife who grew up speaking Spanish always calls me a "mono" when i do something mischievous or goofy
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I hadn't thought about that possible aspect of it....but will let that joke die .
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
              I hadn't thought about that possible aspect of it....but will let that joke die .
              I hadn't either. Should we boycott the website too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                I hadn't either. Should we boycott the website too?
                Absolutely.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Absolutely.
                  I start tomorrow. When i start my diet
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I start tomorrow. When i start my diet

Comment

• It's scary sometimes to see written out on a page what is inside people's heads.

(referring to the Hot Button forum)

Comment

It's scary sometimes to see written out on a page what is inside people's heads.

(referring to the Hot Button forum)
                        scary? In what sense? (honestly I don't follow it closely at all so I'm likely missing something obvious)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          scary? In what sense? (honestly I don't follow it closely at all so I'm likely missing something obvious)
                          In that some people who otherwise seem quite intelligent don't seem to be able to think critically and instead parrot a set of Fox News talking points. I'm sure that sometimes I am completely mistaken about something or even blind to a different way of looking at things, but what is scary about the Fox News perspective is how completely it seems to shut people down from critical thinking and to prevent any crack in the reality bubble.

And I'm not talking about 1J here. He has his own unique bubble.

Comment

• I find the "both sides have their story, you have yours, I have mine, and who's to say yours is any better than mine?" line of thinking particularly annoying. Bob Mueller had a letter? Well now Trump has a letter. So Bob Mueller's letter is neutralized. Next. Christine Blasey Ford had supporters? Well Kavanaugh had supporters, too. So Ford is neutralized. Next. Collusion? No. Obstruction? No one can say. Next. With no effort to critically examine the value or truth of anything that is being put forward.

Turning politics into a big game of scoring points, instead of talking about how we can make our shared civic life better. I know a lot of people like to talk about politics in terms of scoring points for their team against your team. But I find that incredibly off-putting.

Comment

• Otherwise intelligent? It seems to me that all these folks bring to the table is an incessant lust for pushing the tu quoque fallacy on anyone who draws attention to the shocking behavior of this administration. I mean, sure literal Nazis were marching in order to unite the right and one of those evil fucks killed someone. But Robert Byrd was a Democrat, guys!!!!! Damn hypocritical libtards.
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Also, Tampa Bay should not have a professional baseball team.
                                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                                X