Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      Is the extra space before the final punctuation a thing, too ?
      Probably. I will let u know once i figure it out
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        I didn't realize JhonnyP24 was on call for random UK pop culture questions. This is good to know
        Bump for JhonnyP
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          One more. Also Bonaire.

This one is swimming around inside a ball of thousands of little fish. It goes on for over 5 minutes but doesn't change much. I swam around inside them for close to 30 minutes. It's hypnotizing!

I'm your father Luke !
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I disagree .
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I disagree .
              BTW, you are one of the selected players on the front page of b-ref today.

Comment

BTW, you are one of the selected players on the front page of b-ref today.
                Woot !

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I find the idea that Closer Monkey is some sort of authoritative source on bullpen hierarchies to be quite amusing.

Comment

I find the idea that Closer Monkey is some sort of authoritative source on bullpen hierarchies to be quite amusing.
                    It used to be the best information we had on the fantasy side. But that was a few years back. It's funny how a source goes from not perfect but the only real option to okay there's other places to look that are just as good but this one used to be our only option so it must be the best now.

Comment

I find the idea that Closer Monkey is some sort of authoritative source on bullpen hierarchies to be quite amusing.
                      I think it's their name. Add "monkey" after anything and people tend to treat it with respect and reverence. That's my theory anyway.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I think it's their name. Add "monkey" after anything and people tend to treat it with respect and reverence. That's my theory anyway.
                        I am a VD Monkey .

Comment

It used to be the best information we had on the fantasy side. But that was a few years back. It's funny how a source goes from not perfect but the only real option to okay there's other places to look that are just as good but this one used to be our only option so it must be the best now.
                          It seems to me like they are just reading box scores. Which is...something, I guess, but following the manager's comments to the press and putting them into context relative to his previous comments to the press, as well as understanding who was and was not available because they had pitched previous nights, etc., seem like things that a site would need to do to provide value in that space.

Comment

I am a VD Monkey .
                            That's why I take your opinions so seriously. I treasure your VD Monkey wisdom
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Cripes .... I can't even remember the site, but 20 years ago I was tracking either the Carolina League or the Eastern League for JD Mah's minor league update site (email?).
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Grifter Monkey
                                Liar Monkey
                                Twitter Monkey
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X