*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    I think I'm going to start picking up hitchhikers every time I see them. I used to hitchhike and I also used to always, always pick them up. Not sure why I stopped, but I feel like it's a pretty easy way to put some good back in the world. I mean, shit, I'm already driving. It's not like it puts me out at all.
    i did this when I was driving in the czech republic a long time ago. Led to a very interesting story. Seems like a good thing to do to help people.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      i did this when I was driving in the czech republic a long time ago. Led to a very interesting story. Seems like a good thing to do to help people.
      This is what reminded me: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...hiker/c18z0z2/

It's also sort of similar to a story that happened to me about 6-7 years ago when i was traveling the world with my wife. We started our trip in Mexico and had some awesome shenanigans that included renting a car near Puerto Escondido and driving it up to Tuxtla out in the jungle. Unfortunately the entire wheel - like the whole fucking thing, still attached to part of the axle - like melted off in the middle of nowhere jungle Mexico. There were four of us with big backpacks and we were fucked. We had to push the car off into the jungle to keep it from being a danger to everyone else using the windy ass road.

Everyone stopped to help us. Literally every single person who drove by. People formed mini assistance groups trying to figure out how to help all of us out. We got a ride to the next tiny town but no one in the town had a phone. We were trying to call the rental car place (fuck you, Eurocar) to no avail. Long story short, a commercial truck driver carrying electrical equipment drove us for TEN HOURS all the way to Tuxtla, where he insisted on stopping after the fact to help us hook up with a hotel room. His big ol' truck wasn't allowed to go into the city proper and he felt awful about that. I had to essentially force him to take our money, which he most definitely did not want.

I just re-read my blog about that part. Damn, those were some pretty interesting adventures.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Lol, Fresno Bob made a comment to my blog post which apparently was made closer to 8 years ago.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Lol, Fresno Bob made a comment to my blog post which apparently was made closer to 8 years ago.
          What was he up to today, castrating the poor? Using less-white foreign folk as target practice and/or a useful testing ground for future military technologies?

What's new in the friendly world for Fresno's neo-liberal-fascism? I can't bring myself to enter the world of Hot Button Topics to find out.

Comment

• He just recommended we visit Tulum, which was a pretty magical place to see. Mexico is just fantastic.

Comment

He just recommended we visit Tulum, which was a pretty magical place to see. Mexico is just fantastic.
              . I loved Tulum will miss my sisters condo in Playa. I too use to Hitchhike in the 70’s and 80’s . Many interesting rides. My kids would kill me if I picked up any hitchhikers now. In there mind they are all Serial killers . Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                My kids would kill me if I picked up any hitchhikers now. In there mind they are all Serial killers . Lol
                Yeah, that's my wife's take (despite our amazing Mexico hitchhiking experience). So I don't pick anyone up when she or my son is in the car. It's a pretty cool way to meet interesting people, though, imo. I'm just not that scared of the unknown and like to try things and meet new people, or peeples as the case may be.

Comment

• The best mushrooms I've ever had were given to me as thanks by a hitchhiker we picked up in Kauai while on our honeymoon.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

He just recommended we visit Tulum, which was a pretty magical place to see. Mexico is just fantastic.
                    Mr Fresno and Dr Bob

I can't read FB ... we have a lot in common, and then BAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      The best mushrooms I've ever had were given to me as thanks by a hitchhiker we picked up in Kauai while on our honeymoon.
                      That's brave, I won't even take a drink from a stranger if I didn't see it poured with my own eyes.

Comment

I saw pictures of Tulum in a National Geographic like 20 years ago, and I still remember. It looked absolutely amazing.
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          I saw pictures of Tulum in a National Geographic like 20 years ago, and I still remember. It looked absolutely amazing.
                          The beaches there are white sand beaches formed from limestone (iirc) so they never get hot to the touch even when it's 95 outside. It's just incredible. Everything about that place is rad.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                            And here's the NL:

No Phillies, Heye is going to be pissed
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Fantrax seems kinda shitty

Edit: Uh, less full-featured?
                              Last edited by Bene Futuis; 03-06-2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Fantrax seems kinda shitty

Edit: Uh, less full-featured?
                                It's actually one of the better free hosting sites. It does laps around Yahoo and ESPN, and the ways to customize the site is very in-depth.

Comment

Working...
                                X