*** VD 13 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I heard that Wayne was going to dominate Idle Hands for years to come and that's why we disbanded, true ?
    I believe that's accurate
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
      weird, didn't get an email notification from hacko sending me a message. anyway. busy a bit with meetings (since I got promoted my days in the office are a bit more packed) but will try to have an opinion, but it might not be until tonight. at least this delay will only happen every two rounds!
      hacko please send a reminder, thanks
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

y'all can send me a message if you can crack the code !
        Perhaps my code cracking isn't up to snuff. Did you receive the email?
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Perhaps my code cracking isn't up to snuff. Did you receive the email?
          you did, just responded. I'll have to make it more difficult next time
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            I think of all the hitters and hitter-seasons I added, I think I probably added one hitter from the 2010s that might be taken toward the end of the draft, and about a half dozen hitter seasons that were better than the ones already in the spreadsheet for players likely to be selected. That gives me some comfort level that the spreadsheet we were working off of last draft wasn't in too bad of shape after revo's additions.
            I remember a time when we used to celebrate milestones like 3000 hits (or posts)

3000.jpg
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I remember a time when we used to celebrate milestones like 3000 hits (or posts)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1141[/ATTACH]
              I also remember a time when I knew how to actually make the picture show up, not just a link. Oh well
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1141[/ATTACH]
                How could I forget?!?

Time for a little rumspringa!

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• I've got a buddy who is the product of when an Amish girl met a Filipino US navy kid while she was on rumspringa
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• ok, I'm here, pick soonish. I actually had kind of a plan, and then I looked and noticed that I was about to take the same two guys Hacko took 1-2 in VD10, and he ended up in last. Reconsidering.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      I've got a buddy who is the product of when an Amish girl met a Filipino US navy kid while she was on rumspringa
                      My wife has a strange fascination with Amish people. Two years ago we were in New York and were watching fireworks with people from our hotel. She sort of migrated over to the group of Amish people. They were dairy farmers from Wisconsin. Drove a van full of people to New York. She almost got invited to eat pizza with them. the thing that the rest of my family always laughs at is half way thru the conversation the Amish dad says, "we're Amish, you know" in his Amish/Wisconsin accent. So every now and then one of us always uses that line. Which makes my wife sad because she never had pizza with them. Just a little Amish story for all you VDers out there.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• I'm pretty sure I know who I want to pick, so unless hacko goes and ruins it, I'll try to stick around and make my pick tonight, too.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Billy Hamilton was my backup plan for Foxx. That best year is something. How do you score 198 runs? I guess maybe with a .521 OBP and 100 SB!

Comment

• And Ed Walsh and Stan Musial were my third and fourth choices, so you guys are just setting 'em up and knocking 'em down.

Comment

Billy Hamilton was my backup plan for Foxx. That best year is something. How do you score 198 runs? I guess maybe with a .521 OBP and 100 SB!
                              I was looking at some other players but thought I used Hamilton Runs and SB. Can always find the rbi and Hr later. The 5 plus obp also sweet.

Comment

And Ed Walsh and Stan Musial were my third and fourth choices, so you guys are just setting 'em up and knocking 'em down.
                                Hamilton was the guy I hoped to get coming back to me.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X